Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

I have skystar s2 card can i use setllite net

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KING_OF_IT
    • Oct 2010

I have skystar s2 card can i use setllite net

I have skystar s2 card can i use satellite net..please give idea of satellite net
  • ffarrib
    Banned
    • Sep 2011

Re: I have skystar s2 card can i use setllite net

What is the meaning of satellite net? your purpose is internet with satellite?

Comment

• findeciclo
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by KING_OF_IT
      I have skystar s2 card can i use satellite net..please give idea of satellite net
      Yes you can.

Unidirectional system for internet access through satellite, which requires hardware components (Skystar2 PCI card or USB device, satellite antenna, etc.) and software components. The hardware part is :

- A computer, preferably with a minimum configuration of : 500-700 Mhz processor, 8MB video card, 128 MB of RAM. Any configuration that's more powerful than the previously mentioned, greatly increases the quality of the entire system.
      - The DVB SkyStar 2 PCI card (or SkyStar 2 USB), being a TV-tuner with an internet accelerator included, permits, together with the purchase and installation of a satellite antenna, the viewing off all free-to-air radio stations and TV stations from all the available satellites, without no extra monthly subscription.
      - There is also the possibility to connect several computers to the same satellite antenna, which is installed custom, depending on each consumer needs: fixed, mobile, different dimensions etc.

- With the software part, you can use Skygrabber. SkyGrabber is offline satellite internet **********. It accepts free to air (FTA) satellite data (movie, music, pictures) by digital satellite TV tuner card (DVB-S/DVB-S2) and saves information onto a hard disk. So, you'll get new movie, best music and funny pictures for free.
      You don't have to keep an online internet connection. Just customize your digital satellite TV tuner card (DVB-S/DVB-S2) to satellite provider and start accepting free to air data.

- And you can subscribe to a Sat Internet dealer.
      The software part is represented by a monthly subscription, and a collection of latest generation software, which offers the following services :
      - Ultra-fast Internet.
      - Monthly internet downloads from any other websites, or unlimited from agreed websites.
      - Updated software packages, MP3. video clips and games.
      - TV stations and radio stations.
      - Music, sports and movies TV channels.
      - Permanent e-mail service, with an e-mail client and an e-mail account

It depends of the supplier, dealer or broadcaster.

Comment

• ffarrib
        Banned
        • Sep 2011

I note that dvb card like ss2 only can recieve satellite internet broadcasts and cant send anything. you need an internet connection like broad band to use online internet services.
        also you can try offline download that dont need send anything and any other internet connection.

Comment

• mirny
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2011

its just one way', if you want proper internet connection thru satelie, then look fo astra2connect or similar service
          HD-BOX FS-9200,SkyStar HD2 USB CI, Skystar2 90Fe Motor, 85Al Multifeed

If you like my post, or was helpful, don't be shy and press the Thanks Button.

Comment

Working...