Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Parental control plugin for dvbviewer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2010

Parental control plugin for dvbviewer?

Does anyone know parental control plugin for dvbviewer ?
  • EUROASTRA
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2010

Re: Parental control plugin for dvbviewer?

1) Create a separate user account with limited access rights for your children on your PC (recommendable anyway - you don't want your children to mess around with your stuff or delete the Windows directory, do you? :angry.

2) Protect the parent's account with a password, and don't give the children read/write access to this account, thus keeping them away from your recordings and other stuff.

3) Let DVBViewer work with "per user" settings (set UserMode=1 in the file UserMode.ini)
    4) Create a second DVBViewer installation for your children (see here). This copy of DVBViewer.exe should only be launched in the children's account, so the configuration folder gets created in the children's user profile.
    5) Delete all channels in the channel list of the second installation that shall not be watched by children.
    6) Remove all transponder lists from the Transponders subdirectory of the installation directory and the configuration folder of the second installation, in order to disable scanning (there is still the possibility of performing a "blind san", but this is very time consuming and requires DVB knowledge).
    Please read the Forum Rules
    Problems and questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• Oct 2010

Originally posted by EUROASTRA
      1) Create a separate user account with limited access rights for your children on your PC (recommendable anyway - you don't want your children to mess around with your stuff or delete the Windows directory, do you? :angry.

2) Protect the parent's account with a password, and don't give the children read/write access to this account, thus keeping them away from your recordings and other stuff.

3) Let DVBViewer work with "per user" settings (set UserMode=1 in the file UserMode.ini)
      4) Create a second DVBViewer installation for your children (see here). This copy of DVBViewer.exe should only be launched in the children's account, so the configuration folder gets created in the children's user profile.
      5) Delete all channels in the channel list of the second installation that shall not be watched by children.
      6) Remove all transponder lists from the Transponders subdirectory of the installation directory and the configuration folder of the second installation, in order to disable scanning (there is still the possibility of performing a "blind san", but this is very time consuming and requires DVB knowledge).
      Thank you for your advice and support.I already knew this solution but it is not really a solution.I was rather looking for a very simple and straight solution such as sat receivers implementation.

Comment

• EUROASTRA
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2010

CI: automatic parental control PIN (Jugendschutz PIN) entry. The PIN must be put into the userdata.xml:

HTML Code:
        <section name="CAM">

<entry name="PIN">1234</entry>

</section>
        Please read the Forum Rules
        Problems and questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• Oct 2010

Originally posted by EUROASTRA
          CI: automatic parental control PIN (Jugendschutz PIN) entry. The PIN must be put into the userdata.xml:

HTML Code:
          <section name="CAM">

<entry name="PIN">1234</entry>

</section>
          This was really what I was looking for.Thank you thousand times dear friend.But as I can see from the code, it puts a single password for all the encrypted channels, Am I wrong? Do I have the chance to password protect only some encrypted channels but not all?

Comment

• Oct 2010

Originally posted by Zyk
            I think that works when your card (in a real CAM) asks for the parental pin, Dvbviewer replies with that specified pin. Otherwise there wouldn't be any other possibility with Dvbviewer to enter a pin "live".
            Unfortunately, it is indeed for real CAM interface.It does not work with software CI.

Comment

• Oct 2010

It is the best dvb software around.I really cant understand why that implementation hadnt been issued till now.I really dont think it is too hard, but rather I think that the developer is a little bit fixed minded.

Comment

• Oct 2010

Originally posted by Zyk
                I understand instead that a 100% working solution is not very easy, due to the several features of the program. Many would get affected if a pin was present.
                I think Euroastra post above is the most sensible solution in this case.
                Dvbviewer decides if a channel is encrypted or not by an entry in the channellist editor.You can even manually trigger it on and off yourself.SO the only thing will be to write a simple code to integrate a lock mechanism, which is on/off for channel viewing.Even password for each channel may be entered differently.And if the developers add this feature as optional, which can be enabled and disabled from the menus, then it will not effect as many people as you think.this is simple logic, programming is not really that much hard as you think.It is only that the developer is fixed minded and wants to add what he only wants to.

Comment

• Oct 2010

Just think of privileges by users, just like in DSL modems.Admin accounts and other guest accounts.This can be impelemented in dvbviewer itself.Then children cant put passes of their own.If you will question the slowness of dvbviewer, please keep in mind that, software developers put tons of junk code in their programs, just for protection or other useless stuff.You are forgetting the basic functionality needs of a dvbplayer, one of which is password protection.Try to be more optimistic, saying its hard is the easiest choice.

Comment

Working...