Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

DreamboxEdit Could not connect to Dreambox on IP adress 192.168.1.6, check the IP add

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ocin
    • Sep 2011

Re: DreamboxEdit Could not connect to Dreambox on IP adress 192.168.1.6, check the IP

Originally posted by xuxuzim
    hi it works now.but dreamboxedit still does't work so what else i need to do regars
    It works what?
    Ping? Have you answer from decoder?
    See in network connection options on decoder and look for IP.
    Have you set dhcp option or fixed IP?
    Let we know more info so we can give you solutions.
    Dreambox 600 PVR
    Sifteam 1.9.4c + oscam r9164
    Ferguson Ariva 150 combo
    Fw 1.24B1 patch

Comment

• xuxuzim
      • Jun 2013

Re: DreamboxEdit Could not connect to Dreambox on IP adress 192.168.1.6, check the IP

ping works,yes i got the respond from box decoder.My network settings i got my ip address and use DHCP

DreamboxEdit still sending same message failed to connect to dreambox on ip address 192.168.1.8 port 80

Hi,
      My problem with DreamboxEdit has not been resolved yet,i am still waiting for your replies and posts.Thanks so much
      Kind Regards

Comment

• kalpikos
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2011

@xuxuzim

Don't use DHCP. Use a fixed IP (see what IP is used with dhcp and put the same IP but manually).
        Also, you can try other version of dreamboxEdit because is very strange for me that the DCC is working fine but dreamboxEdit having problem.
        Try an older or newer version and be carrefull about the settings for enigma2 as I said above in my other post.
        If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• gianni253
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2012

From command prompt of your pc type:
          Code:
          telnet 192.168.1.8
          Then execute login with user root and password you_know_your_password.
          Please, report if you can login successfully.

Comment

• duhoki
            Experienced Board Member
            • Aug 2011

Mate you are using Windows 7 i see. I dont think this is the problem but can you try to run dreamboxedite as administrator, right click dreamboxedite and select run as administrator. Then try to connect.

Comment

• xuxuzim
              • Jun 2013

Dear Friends,
              Thanks for your posts,but i have tried all your sugestions without success.
              First of all,i change my network settings to fix IP and not used DHCP and used older vesion of dreamboxEdit but couldn't connect to dreambox.
              Secondly,i did right click on dreamboxEdit and run as administrator no success.
              Thirdly,i used cmd.exe telnet 192.168.1.2 result is telnet is not recognised as internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

Anymore suggestion,please.I managed to use dreamboxEdit 2 months ago without any problem.But recently i changed my router because it was dead.I use D-Link router.I tried after disabling the firewall of the router no success.I flashed my Dreambox 500HD with the gemini 2 v5.10.

Comment

• Clark197
                • Feb 2012

i think that because ping work, you have a program that block the connection to your stb. if you have any firewall on your pc, disabled it and tried again.

Search on ****** 'enabled telnet on windows 7'

Regards

Comment

• xuxuzim
                  • Jun 2013

ok,i manage to enable telnet my dreambox 500hd gemini project appear,
                  dm500hd login:root
                  root@dm500hd:not found then when i enter my password dreambox not found appears do you think my password is not dreambox?i just re flushed my box i thought it is default password.What do you think?

i disabled all my firewalls on router and my computer,it didn't work.

Comment

• xuxuzim
                    • Jun 2013

Hi,thanks for your detail post.
                    All ok,arart from last part cmd:exe telnet 192.168.1.8
                    login:root ok
                    password:not found
                    there is a problem with password,then i have changed the password by DCC telnet,then i tried it with cmd new password says not found again.
                    I did factory setting last night everything and i managed to login DCC with my default password and my new password without any problem.I dont understand why i am not able to login cmd with same password.
                    thanks
                    best regards

Hi
                    i did factory setting and flashed my box just now again but cmd:exe telnet 192.168.1.8
                    login:root
                    password:dreambox says not found
                    weird i dont really understand what goes wrong.I am able to connect with DCC with no problem and back up my bouquet into my computer but i am not able to reload what i backed up before DCC it doesn't reload the backup.
                    Dreamset gives me this message:
                    Connecting to the box failed please check your FTP parameters
                    connecting to ftp://root:dreambox@192.168.0.8:21
                    a connection with the server could not be estabilished

From this message i noticed something my IP shows 192.168.0.8 not 192.168.1.8
                    why 0 instead 1 ?

Comment

• duhoki
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Aug 2011

there is your problem mate. You are on diffrence subnet, like a diffrence nettwork then your dreambox. You have to connect to the same router as your dreambox is connected to, or see in your router setting why you have diffrence subnet on you home nettwork. If you can tell us more about your nettwork setup then we might help you better.

what is your computer IP? do ipconfig in cmd.

Comment

• xuxuzim
                        • Jun 2013

ok i have done cmd:ipconfig result below
                        wireless network connection
                        Router-Link
                        IP computer:192.168.1.9
                        Subnet max:255.255.255.0
                        Default Gateway:192.168.1.1
                        Dreambox IP:192.168.1.8

i had netgear router before but it died so i replaced it with dlink.

It is all ok now.It was ip address,silly me.
                        I would like to thank you for your patience and help.
                        I really appriciate it.
                        Thank you all
                        Best regards

Comment

Working...