Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Problem with dreamboxEdit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry2020
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Re: Problem with dreamboxEdit

I replaced the satellite.xml file, but got the same error.

Comment

• duhoki
      Experienced Board Member
      • Aug 2011

Maybe you could replace all your channel list setting with link 2 i posted. If still same, you can try to backup your settings and then reimage the dreambox. For backup you can do backup to an usb with tool in TSpanel.

Comment

• Jerry2020
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by duhoki
        Maybe you could replace all your channel list setting with link 2 i posted. If still same, you can try to backup your settings and then reimage the dreambox. For backup you can do backup to an usb with tool in TSpanel.
        But will this remove all user bouquets that I defined?

Comment

• duhoki
          Experienced Board Member
          • Aug 2011

If you reimage your box, yes you will get a factory setting on it and you have to reload the bouquets that you have defined. Therfore you should do backup before you reimage.

If you load settings from link 2 i posted, then same there, it will replace you defined boquets. But do you have a folder on you computer with you boquets or is everything on your dreambox. However do backup of your settings which should include your bouquets so you dont lose it.

Iam not 100% sure that the backup will backup everythign you want, but i think it should do it. Read more about dreambox backup maybe.

Comment

• Jerry2020
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

If you reimage your box, yes you will get a factory setting on it and you have to reload the bouquets that you have defined. Therfore you should do backup before you reimage.

If you load settings from link 2 i posted, then same there, it will replace you defined boquets. But do you have a folder on you computer with you boquets or is everything on your dreambox. However do backup of your settings which should include your bouquets so you dont lose it.

Iam not 100% sure that the backup will backup everythign you want, but i think it should do it. Read more about dreambox backup maybe.
            Thanks for your help.
            What I tried before was to reimage the box and load channels with dbe, which I can't do now.

Would you please give me more info about how to backup settings?

Comment

• duhoki
              Experienced Board Member
              • Aug 2011

From what you are saying, you do allready have backup of your settings.

quote from you:
              What I tried before was to reimage the box and load channels with dbe, which I can't do now.

this mean you do have your channel saved somewhere on your computer because you laoded them again after you reimaged you box. If you go to dreamboxEDIT-->file-->open-->you should then see the directory you have your file on.

if still not i will show you how to do backup.

Comment

• Jerry2020
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

From what you are saying, you do allready have backup of your settings.

quote from you:

this mean you do have your channel saved somewhere on your computer because you laoded them again after you reimaged you box. If you go to dreamboxEDIT-->file-->open-->you should then see the directory you have your file on.

if still not i will show you how to do backup.
                This was months or a year ago. dbe used to work before, but not any more. I did a lot of modifications after that, so I need to take a copy of them.

Comment

• duhoki
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Aug 2011

But if you have done the modification with dbe, then it mean you have the boquets saved some where on you computer. Becouse you cant transfer modificated settings to dreambox before you dont save them on your computer.

However, go in to tspanel-->tools and see if you can find any option for settings backup. To be 100% sure you can try to find "Image FlashBackup" which will take backup of everything including your firmware. If still nothing then you might want to post information about what image you use.

Comment

• Jerry2020
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

No, I didn't make the modifications using dbe. I made them directly to the receiver using the remote control.
                    I'll have a look at the tools that you suggested. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• duhoki
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Aug 2011

Ok mate. Do the backup and reimage. You might also want to read about backup of dreambox maybe you find other ways to do backups etc.. Give a feedback of your result and i am sure we will sort this out

Comment

• Jerry2020
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010

Thanks for all your help and time. I really don't want to adjust all settings manually all over again so I'll have to make sure that I make a proper backup.

Comment

• duhoki
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Aug 2011

Ok. But as i sayd. To be 100% sure, do a "Image FlashBackup" which will take backup of everything including your firmware.

Btw. Can you try dbe on another computer with your box. Would be nice if you could test that.

Comment

• Jerry2020
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

Ok. But as i sayd. To be 100% sure, do a "Image FlashBackup" which will take backup of everything including your firmware.

Btw. Can you try dbe on another computer with your box. Would be nice if you could test that.
                            Yes, I tried this too and I got the same error.
                            Thanks

Comment

• duhoki
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Aug 2011

Ok. I forgot to mention that you can also do backup within the webif of your receiver. Find out what is your dreambox ip adresse and write it in your browser. It is difrence from image to image, but for me it is in extra-->boquetEditor. From here you can either load new boquets or take backup of the one that is in use.

Comment

Working...