Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Rotor tuning tool for enigma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devastate
    • Nov 2010

Rotor tuning tool for enigma

Hi there,

Tonight it was kind of stormy over here and I experienced bad reception on some channels on 23.5e. The signal was 4/5 dB. After some channel switching I noticed there were channels on the same position with a significant better signal.

After i adjusted the position a little bit on the weaker channel i noticed that the signal strenght went up.
    So I tried to finetune the position but I was not able to save/fix those positions.
    After some research I learned that this could be fixed by disabling USALS and manually store sat positions. And by learning this I noticed this is a time consuming job and a B*tch to do.

So I was wondering if there is a tool for the enigma (1 or 2) to finetune the rotor/motor settings per channel without manually disabling te usals settings. Preferably doing this remote by laptop or PC.
    Another option would be a config file wherin I could adjust the postion settings per channel.

Maybe anyone with suggestions??

T.i.a.,
    DM800HD
    79CM motorized Triax
    25mbit connection (UPC-NL)
  • Triad
    Experienced Member
    • Jan 2012

Re: Rotor tuning tool for enigma

No m8, there's no way of automaticly adjusting positioner settings in E2 as well as in E1 except Usals and geo longitude and latitude.
    Only way is manual input of frequ's and positions since they lock sat position the best.
    You need to assign number to every satellite in order for rec. to memorize their positions.
    Example: 19.2E=1, 16E=2, 13=3, etc... to 30w, after which you continue to 23E and so forth to 60E if you can pick it up.
    It's not so hard job to do, it takes about half an hour and only thing needed before the job are proven transponders of those satellites you want memorized.
    Just write it down on some paper, one for every satellite and begin search.
    That is the best way of your rotor to find best fixed positions with most signal.

cheers m8

Comment

Working...