Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Mounting a USB stick or using a NAS for EPG Storage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • undegtri
    • Dec 2012

Mounting a USB stick or using a NAS for EPG Storage

I've been trying to get a USB stick to mount to my DM800HD and I'm totally baffled as to how to do it? Could it be that it is formatted incorrectly?

As an alternative I have a NAS drive connected to the same network and was wondering if this could be used for EPG storage? If so could someone point me in the direction of some tutorials?

Thanks in advance
  • buiacco
    Experienced Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: Mounting a USB stick or using a NAS for EPG Storage

Hi undegtri,
    I'd like to answer to you about USB stick mounting in DM, but in general on E2 receiver.
    Before to insert the stick try to format completely your USB stick on your lap.
    After this putting your stick in your Dm and look if receiver reconnais your stick.
    Look for menu formatting flask USB.Now you can copy files from DM to stick.
    This because of your support will be formatted in unix.
    Instead, if you need to read your stick from your DM it's enough format on your laptop in FAT32.
    I hope this poor info will be useful for you.
    Regards

Comment

• undegtri
      • Dec 2012

Thanks for the help. I actually installed the new ish Elite image on there today and it was a snip to fine the feature within the menu's. I'm now struggling to get CrossEPG to work, its seems to have downloaded all the channel data but its just not showing any off the programs in the menus.

Comment

• undegtri
        • Dec 2012

I was wondering if anyone could shine a light as to why mounting a USB stick on a DM800 2.10 would stop the motor functioning? I'm guessing the USB takes the current from the motor?

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

I don't think a usb stick would stop the motor from working. They draw very little and shouldn't effect the motor function.
          Try unplugging it just to check.

Comment

• undegtri
            • Dec 2012

It does seem to have an affect on it, after removing the USB stick the motor seems to work. Having said that something seems to be up with the motor since I upgraded from Blackhole to Dream Elite 4.0, now it only seems to pick up 28E moving to 19E only finds 6 channels. A little odd, maybe I'll go back to blackhole as that worked.

Comment

• Bazinga
              Experienced Member
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by undegtri
              I've been trying to get a USB stick to mount to my DM800HD and I'm totally baffled as to how to do it? Could it be that it is formatted incorrectly?

As an alternative I have a NAS drive connected to the same network and was wondering if this could be used for EPG storage? If so could someone point me in the direction of some tutorials?

Thanks in advance
              depending on your router, you could attach usb stick to your router and it use it as built in NAS.
              DM800HD Clone Satellite
              VU+ Duo Genuine
              SlingBox Pro HD / Sling Player - Fibrelink

Oh Enigma2, You're my favourite linux based operating system.

Comment

• valrug
                Board Senior Member
                • Nov 2011

the power of the dm (especially clone) are generally few and may have an amperage limit of operation for which even a smplice usb pen can create problem (on my dm 800 hd clone I duvuto food an external hd portable because the current provided by the dm was insufficient)

Comment

Working...