Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Streaming over the WAN

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uttnls

Re: Streaming over the WAN

Originally posted by gpaolobvt
    Consider also that streaming HD channel need more band respect streaming channel with low resolution.

Of course, streaming HD channel let the band to be stressed more then streaming normal channel.

I can see normal channel on streaming... I can also see two channels on streaming simulaneusly, of course in the case they are in the same mux, but it is very hard to me to se a HD channel on streaming.

Let's think about it ...

Ciao
    4MB/s should be enough, and by 4MB/s i mean 32 Mb/s

Comment

• mauropiazza
      • Sep 2012

Forgive my absence.
      Some unexpected problem these days.
      I asked for the upgrade of the line: I hope to get what I need.
      For now, as long as everything goes well, I just need the streamnig the normal channels (not HD), but the chance to watch two channels simultaneously could be interesting.
      Would agree to always use the WebTV of webplugin or even use the plylist vlc?

Comment

• uttnls

Originally posted by mauropiazza
        Forgive my absence.
        Some unexpected problem these days.
        I asked for the upgrade of the line: I hope to get what I need.
        For now, as long as everything goes well, I just need the streamnig the normal channels (not HD), but the chance to watch two channels simultaneously could be interesting.
        Would agree to always use the WebTV of webplugin or even use the plylist vlc?
        Like i said, this kind of streaming triggers REC mode, as far as i know, is impossible to stream two channels at same time.

Comment

• mauropiazza
          • Sep 2012

So "gpaolobvt" is talking about something else or is there a way to fix it?
          I would be interested to see stream from two different houses (bandwidth permitting, of course)

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

I would be interested to see stream from two different houses (bandwidth permitting, of course)
            Apparently the soon to be released vu+ duo2, will enable you to transcode on the fly, enabling you to stream direct from your stb.
            This will enable streaming direct from stb for people with a slower upload speed..

Comment

• gpaolobvt
              • Jan 2012

Hello,
              When I say to streaming two channels simultaneously, i mean the following isuee:
              • I have two PC, let's call PC A and PC B, on the same net
              • From PC A, I connect to the DM, using browser.
              • From PC B, I connect to the DM, using browser.
              • On both PC i get the Web interface from DM
              • Now I select a channel from PC A
              • And I started to see it in streaming on PC A
              • Then with the PC B, I select from the web interface a channel that is in the same mux of the channel tuned with PC A
              • Talking about italian channel, ITALIA 1 on PC A, and CANALE 5 on PC B
              • Because these channel are in the same mux, it is possible to see them simoultaneusly using only one receiver.
              • So at the end of the game, you can see ITALIA 1 in streaming on PC A, and CANALE 5 in streaming on PC B
              • I can do this only with normal channel, not HD.
              • I think that this depend on my bandwith of my power plug.

Ciao

Comment

• mauropiazza
                • Sep 2012

Ok. I tried it and it actually works as you say (on my LAN, of course).
                But I have a DM7025 with dual tuner connected in cascade.
                I was expecting to be able to watch two different channels on mux.
                There is a particular configurazuione to do?
                thanks

Comment

• yselim
                  • Oct 2010

I see that some new boxes have h264 transcoding functions. if teams work on this functions, that can be helpful when considering the low upload speeds we have.

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by yselim
                    I see that some new boxes have h264 transcoding functions. if teams work on this functions, that can be helpful when considering the low upload speeds we have.
                    Yes the new vu+ range claim to have transcoding functions, but it has not been implemented as yet.
                    They are still in beta testing and this should be made available at a later date.probably in time for the launch of the duo2

Comment

• kostis
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                      Your questions got me interested in trying this again.
                      From what i've read you need to paste the m3u stream in vlc, so would have to choose channel before you leave home.
                      if you could control your pc remotely with remote desktop software, maybe you could change channels that way.
                      The other method would be a slingbox, but they're not cheap!
                      Slingbox can be found for $100 and they do a good job but you must have a good upload speed for streaming.
                      If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• Bazinga
                        Experienced Member
                        • Aug 2011

Streaming over wan is possible but it will need a very fast internet connection at both ends as the stream is not compressed for Internet but ok for LAN streaming.
                        DM800HD Clone Satellite
                        VU+ Duo Genuine
                        SlingBox Pro HD / Sling Player - Fibrelink

Oh Enigma2, You're my favourite linux based operating system.

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

It is now made possible with the new vu+ solo2 which has on the fly transcoding. It is still in it's beta stages, but reports are that it works, and will only get better.

Comment

Working...