Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

DM500 Slow EPG No encrypt channels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dexyweescot
    • Apr 2012

DM500 Slow EPG No encrypt channels

I would like to start by saying i'm quite new to this sat scene apart from reading quite a bit, I had been active in the cable scene before it went to the new Nagra so I know quite a bit about receivers, images and cams etc.

The setup i have got so far is - Virgin superhub connection. I have a dm500 with commando 14.6 with ccam and vpn running. I have got a trial run from *******.com to get me started. All the FTA channels are working fine apart from the EPG coming through pretty slow. The encrypted ones dont give me EPG till i select the channel but nothing else happens apart from a blank screen.

Can anyone suggest a better setup to start? maybe a better image/cs server and some tips to basically get up and running.

Thanks in advance
    Dex
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: DM500 Slow EPG No encrypt channels

Hi dexyweescot, Welcome to the world's best sat forum on the web. Have a read in the Dreambox section.
    Here is the link to look for tutorials and files for Dreambox 500HD Images

Other files

It looks like your c line is not active from that server. You need to ask their support team to solve the problem about the encrypted channels.
    I also suggest to select a free line from satlover's server 3 and see if it opens any channels for you. Satlover's lines open almost everything. Just need to select the right line and be patient no to zap quickly.

Hope this is helpful
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

hi dexyweescot

Indeed, as microchick said: do some reading here ; be sure not have more then 1 active line from the same satloverserver (forum rule -> ban!) - before you take a subscription somewhere: ask testline first and start with short-time subscription (eg 1 month).

I can only refer to my box (no DB), but EPG is the same here: only after choosing the channel, the EPG comes up (in most cases, but sometimes it does come up for more channels in once).

Comment

• toby69
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

Can anyone suggest a better setup to start? maybe a better image/cs server and some tips to basically get up and running.
        -------------------------
        if its the servers your after, see here, and scroll down a little, there are 4 servers,
        servers 3 to 4, you get more lines avalible to you the more you post.
        lines on server 3 change daily, between 4/5pm
        lines on server 4 change every 3 days,
        but most important, only 1 line can be used from each server at any one time.
        server 2= 100 posts
        server 1= 600 posts

toby
        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by dexyweescot
          maybe a better cs server and some tips to basically get up and running.
          Thanks in advance
          Dex
          I would suggest if you want to have access to a good server immidiately instead waiting to complete 100 posts then ask the admin for a test line from the Satlover's Premium Server. You will be up and running withing few minutes and If you like it then you can subscribe to it.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• rikksow
            Board Senior Member
            • Jul 2012

When i had my DM500s i used Open Pli image. It always worked fine for me the epg was pretty responsive. I was also using cccam 2.30 try it and just put in one of the free lines from this server and see if they open.

you can probably download the latest open pli image from here. on dcc the cccam.config is found in var/etc it's so simple. You can dl the latest cccam from your box also you can get latest sgt flip flop bouquets and stick them on with dreamedit.

It's such a simple box to use just remember its e1 and not e2 and you should be ok

there are so many tutorials on here. I have been only into this scene for about 4 months and have learnt so much that i now have a new hd box and am confident about most aspects, i also now run 2 sats off my box. Mostly down to help from this forum

Comment

• dexyweescot
              • Apr 2012

That's a lot of good info to get me started guys...yes it was the server i was using that was at fault with the channels being blank. A good job for i tested before i forked out £££. I have now tested another one and is a lot better. It done what it said on the tin.

Its true what u said @pan1100... that my epg is coming through slow, after u select the channel it comes on. Could this be an image problem or the server?.

@rikksow...ill try out that image dude, its just i really like commando but if it is the image that has the problem with slow epg then its got to go. I like the auto bouquet feature. Saves me hours of work. Does Pli have this feature?

Who is the best Mod to ask for the test?

Comment

• pan1300
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by dexyweescot
                Its true what u said @pan1100... that my epg is coming through slow, after u select the channel it comes on. Could this be an image problem or the server?.
                Can be server issue, but could also be a box problem - not really sure - other image you can test - think it's not a server problem, as my (other brand) has this also on fta channels.

Comment

• rikksow
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Jul 2012

Don't know whether Open PLI has auto Bouquet i have always done my own via Dreamboxedit & Dreamset.

Comment

• dexyweescot
                    • Apr 2012

ye well i tried Pli and hated it but the epg was just the same. commando is the one for me cause u can do a full custom setup to suit your style and plenty tweaking options. Makes the experience much the same as the old dboxII's Im thinking its such a slow EPG now as its a bottom of the range dream. A DM 8000 HD PVR is defo on the cards lol

Im trying some of they servers now Rikksow

Comment

Working...