Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Moving motor ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vecchia_signora
    • Sep 2011

Moving motor ...

I have a dreambox 800HD clone and I have installed on it the gemini project 2 image. what i dont like is that when changing from one satellite to another a message saying that tune failed appears rather than a message showing that the motor is moving ..

is there a plugin that i can install to fix this please?
  • alfred_1
    Banned
    • Dec 2010

Re: Moving motor ...

Originally posted by vecchia_signora
    I have a dreambox 800HD clone and I have installed on it the gemini project 2 image. what i dont like is that when changing from one satellite to another a message saying that tune failed appears rather than a message showing that the motor is moving ..

is there a plugin that i can install to fix this please?
    Its not a matter of a plugin make sure that you have configured your sats properly that is to say either Usals system or Diseqc.

Comment

• digicon
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2011

if you want to show the motor icon when moving your dish you need to change the powere measurement selection to NO. The tune failed could be related to your channel settings try and reload the channel list you have on or try another one from somewhere else

Comment

• vecchia_signora
        • Sep 2011

sorry but i did not understand exactly and maybe i did not explain myself correctly.

suppose that i am watching BBC world on 13 East and than i want to change to a channel on Nilesat 7 West .. the motor turns on 7West and the channels will work correctly so there is no problem with the channel list for sure .. what i dont like is that while the motor is moving instead of showing me an icon or writing Please Wait the motor is moving .. instead it tells me Tuner failed! ..

on my 500s i had a nabilo image and when changing from one sat to another it used to write Please Wait while the motor is moving to ..

Hope i explained myself better now!

Comment

• alfred_1
          Banned
          • Dec 2010

sorry but i did not understand exactly and maybe i did not explain myself correctly.

suppose that i am watching BBC world on 13 East and than i want to change to a channel on Nilesat 7 West .. the motor turns on 7West and the channels will work correctly so there is no problem with the channel list for sure .. what i dont like is that while the motor is moving instead of showing me an icon or writing Please Wait the motor is moving .. instead it tells me Tuner failed! ..

on my 500s i had a nabilo image and when changing from one sat to another it used to write Please Wait while the motor is moving to ..

Hope i explained myself better now!
          Now I understood what you meant...then do as Digicon said, that is to say, go to Menu >Setup>service searching>Tuner Configuration>Tuner>Configuration Mode>go right down to ''Use Power Management'' and turn it to 'No'

Comment

• vecchia_signora
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by alfred_1
            Now I understood what you meant...then do as Digicon said, that is to say, go to Menu >Setup>service searching>Tuner Configuration>Tuner>Configuration Mode>go right down to ''Use Power Management'' and turn it to 'No'
            i did not undersand exactly mate ? as when i go in configuration mode i dont get the option you said

Comment

• alfred_1
              Banned
              • Dec 2010

i did not undersand exactly mate ? as when i go in configuration mode i dont get the option you said
              What are you using....Usals system.....Positioner.?

Comment

• hajdari2008
                • Oct 2011

I will try to help you.

1. you must have rotor settings
                2.take your dm remote and do this...

menu>set up>service searching>tuner configuration>ok

now if your rotor suports usuals you can set configuration to simple and Mode to positioner then you have to put your longitude and latitude (of your dish) this you will find on ****** search ,just type "dishpointer"

i hope this was useful to you

Comment

• vecchia_signora
                  • Sep 2011

my settings are fine and the motor moves corretly .. my problem is that on my db500 it used to display on screen a message stating that the motor is moving .. however now on my db800 it does not state that when moving .. it just displays an error message tuner failed and then when the motor arrives at the position it opens up the channel ok ..

Comment

• alfred_1
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2010

my settings are fine and the motor moves corretly .. my problem is that on my db500 it used to display on screen a message stating that the motor is moving .. however now on my db800 it does not state that when moving .. it just displays an error message tuner failed and then when the motor arrives at the position it opens up the channel ok ..
                    Look you have to find these settings in this order:

1} for usals
                    2) for stored Satellites

I am enclosing these Screen Shots. which also are in that order. The last Screen shot is part of the second.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• vecchia_signora
                      • Sep 2011

instead of power management i have written Tone Amplitude! .. all other settings are fine

Comment

• alfred_1
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2010

instead of power management i have written Tone Amplitude! .. all other settings are fine
                        Most probably the Image you have is different.....Try This.....

Menu>Setup>System> Customize> ('Setup Mode' make it 'EXPERT' with Remote Buttons {><}) go down to ''Show Positioner Movement'' and turn it to Yes'
                        Pres 'Ok' and exit all the way out.

Comment

• vecchia_signora
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by alfred_1
                          Most probably the Image you have is different.....Try This.....

Menu>Setup>System> Customize> ('Setup Mode' make it 'EXPERT' with Remote Buttons {><}) go down to ''Show Positioner Movement'' and turn it to Yes'
                          Pres 'Ok' and exit all the way out.
                          hi i checked what you told me and its already set like that .. maybe its an image problem!!?

Comment

• alfred_1
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010

hi i checked what you told me and its already set like that .. maybe its an image problem!!?
                            Exactly what Gemini Image do you have 4.50....4.70....5.1..?

Ha inkelmek bil Malti jien qatt ma kelli 'Clone' ghalura ma nafx il Images taghhom ezatti kif inhuma, biss nahseb jien l-istess....ghalkemm irridu ikunu 'patched'.

Comment

• naiarty
                              • Apr 2010

_wich is the latest image from Gemini team an is pos_sible to upgrade to ssl 82 in one dreambox 800 with sim 2.01 ?

Comment

Working...