Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Help with flashing Dreambox DM 800HD se

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rraja83
    • May 2011

Help with flashing Dreambox DM 800HD se

Hi guys I have Dreambox DM800HD se clone with details below:

Device name: DM800se
    Devicename:dm800se
    Enigma Version:2010-12-31-experimental
    Image Version:Experimental 2011-01-01
    Frontprozessor Version:V1
    Webinterface Version:1.6.2

TunerA : BCM4505(DVB-S2)

i want to change image to any other

Can some give a detail instructions how to upgrade or change.

Also will using original image damage the device
  • rraja83
    • May 2011

Re: Help with flashing Dreambox DM 800HD se

Originally posted by ale69
    Hello, I state that I have a DM 800 itself, but from what I understand reading around the upgrade image is similar to that of DM 800HD. Just run the flash image without shutting down the receiver must also perform the flash bootloader. If after installing the image you encounter problems you can safely download the driver bluepanel.
    If your DM have SIM 210 use image for this at next link:

For Flash:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en...rmware-browser
    Thanks for the reply mate...

Do you have DM800 HD se or DM800HD?

I was looking for definate answer, may be from another clone 800hd se owner who has done flashing with this unit.
    I looked from many forum but no clear instructions...all i gather is that i need sunray flasher and "sim2SE_SSL82_110620.nfi" file, which i believe is patch file.

but then i have seen some new images which say patch is not required
    e.g "Hello, here is the "Nemesis Patch 2.3 SVN090 DM800se Sim2.10 - By vyper and langioletto"
    The image works on clones to 100%
    From now contains the new drivers of 05/06/2011 so there is no need to apply any kind of patch!
    Fantastic now emigma2 of 2011-07-06 is supported
    Timeshift (Pause)
    LCN
    Playback recordings, and all supported file types.
    works to 100% thanks to new drivers with the original files "not patched"
    No need to send the SS82 after flashing, is already included
    "

can anyone please guide

Comment

• rraja83
      • May 2011

Originally posted by yomismo
      Also I recommend you reflash to original firmware first before changing image.
      ??? box is clone..what original image????

Originally posted by whinpo
      as said earlier be careful to flash with the proper image...you can brick the dbox with a wrong image.

if it's a clone use "clone images".
      Btw I would'nt advise to flash a snapshot image (an image with some addons and drivers...) If a driver is missing it could brick it too...

first of all ensure yourself/ourselves of the fact it's a clone (or not..)
      After that we'll determine what to put in your dbox...
      Well i aknow it is a clone and i am fully aware of the fact that if i use wrong image i could brick it...

thats why i m asking proper procedure...but i am getting all other suggestion except a proper procedure....

Comment

• ale69
        • Jul 2011

The procedure is the same that is used for the original image, the only difference lies in the fact that you have to use an image if patched to 800 Dm. If you look in previous posts surely find the link.
        If you use an original image instead of a patched is to run the risk of having to reinstall the bootloader through DreamUP because you can no longer access the web page to install the image.
        I counsel you to get a image for DM 800 SE patched the bootloader #82 for SIM 210 (only your dm 800 use SIM 210 not if it use FERRARI) at the pagehttp://www.dm800sim2.com/sim21/dm800...10718/533.html and Safety after performing the flash image without turning off the decoder executes the bootloader flash. This operation may not be necessary but will ensure the regular reboot of the decoder.

Comment

• rraja83
          • May 2011

Originally posted by ale69
          The procedure is the same that is used for the original image, the only difference lies in the fact that you have to use an image if patched to 800 Dm. If you look in previous posts surely find the link.
          If you use an original image instead of a patched is to run the risk of having to reinstall the bootloader through DreamUP because you can no longer access the web page to install the image.
          I counsel you to get a image for DM 800 SE patched the bootloader #82 for SIM 210 (only your dm 800 use SIM 210 not if it use FERRARI) at the pagehttp://www.dm800sim2.com/sim21/dm800...10718/533.html and Safety after performing the flash image without turning off the decoder executes the bootloader flash. This operation may not be necessary but will ensure the regular reboot of the decoder.
          Thanks for the help.... i got it to flash to newengima2 image...yeah mine is SIM2.10...well i just flashed a image which is for sim2.10 and it worked so it has to be sim2.10 i believe..
          i wonder how many different sim versions are around...when i boot my box to flash mode. it says SIM 2 & 4 ...anyone what it means???

Comment

• albano74
            • Mar 2013

[QUOTE=rraja83;145590]Hi guys I have Dreambox DM800HD se clone with details below:

Device name: DM800se
            Devicename:dm800se
            Enigma Version:2010-12-31-experimental
            Image Version:Experimental 2011-01-01
            Frontprozessor Version:V1
            Webinterface Version:1.6.2

TunerA : BCM4505(DVB-S2)

i want to change image to any other

Can some give a detail instructions how to upgrade or change.

Comment

• nush
              • Jun 2010

are you sure it says sim2 and 4, not just sim2, i am confused but would like to be educated.

Comment

Working...