Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

nabilosat DarkStar II image for dm500s (bootup logo question)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edin4o
    • Aug 2011

nabilosat DarkStar II image for dm500s (bootup logo question)

I have a boot-up logo with a women that is shot from I don't know where must be Arabia or something like that...My question is:
    How can I change the boot-up image in my dreambox, WITHOUT reflashing it with new img
  • spanky_1209
    Board Senior Member
    • Mar 2011

Re: nabilosat DarkStar II image for dm500s (bootup logo question)

Originally posted by edin4o
    I have a boot-up logo with a women that is shot from I don't know where must be Arabia or something like that...My question is:
    How can I change the boot-up image in my dreambox, WITHOUT reflashing it with new img
    You can use the following tool I just addes the link where you can download it :

Sorry this one is for DM7000 and DM7020

This is what I have found for your Box :

Code:
    Dimensions of boot, radio, mp3 and scan picture must to be 720x576 pixels in PAL format.
    Path where boot image are stored is /root/platform/kernel and named is bild
    Path where other pictures are stored is /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/
    Program what is usually used to make boot/background pictures is TMPGEnc ( in attachement is *.mcf template file what You can put into TMPGEnc's \Template folder )

So little brief for using TMPGEnc without the template:

#1 Download TMPGEnc from official site 
    #2 Unzip the file to your chosen destination.
    #3 Double click the 'TPMGEnc.exe MPEG Encoder' file and click 'OK' on the small pop up window and then click 'Cancel' on the 'Project Wizard (1/5)' window that appears.
    #4 Next screen, bottom right...'Stream type', check the box 'ES (Video only)'.
    #5 Next, bottom left...'Video source:' click on 'Browse' and select the background/photo that you want as your new boot logo for the Dreambox.
    #6 Next, bottom left... 'Output file name:' click on browse and choose the path for your finished 'new' boot background/photo and edit the name to 'bild' (minus the '....' and in lower case) ie: the line that apperars in the 'Output file name:' should read similar to C:\Documents and Settings\Whatever\My Documents\bild ( the actual name of the photo does NOT appear).
    #7 Next, bottom right...click on 'Setting' and check that the value settings are:

.....'Stream type:' = MPEG-1 Video
    .....'Size' = 720 x576 pixels
    .....'Aspect ratio:' = 1:1 (VGA)
    .....'Frame rate:' = 25 fps
    .....'Rate control mode:' = Constant bitrate (CBR)
    .....'Bitrate:' = 12000
    .....'Motion search precision:' = Normal

When checked, click 'OK' to exit the screen.

#8 Top left click 'Start', if all is goes well, the '100%' bar appears and your completed 'bild' file is to be found in your chosen 'Output...' location.

[B]Transferring the new 'boot' photo to the Dreambox.[/B]

ENSURE that the image that you want to change the boot/radio background pictures for, is the image RUNNING in the Dreambox when editing.

With the image, that you want to change the boot photo for, running in the Dreambox, open your chosen FTP prog and transfer your new 'bild' file to the path: [B][COLOR="Red"]'root/platform/kernel'[/COLOR][/B], you can overwrite or delete the pevious 'bild' file that exists.

Exit your FTP prog and reboot the Dreambox.

You should, if all ok, see your new photo on the next boot.

*** If You want to change boot picture before compressing image (after command make rebuild-flash ) , just copy it into /tuxbox-cvs/root/cdkflash/boot/root/platform/kernel before executing command make flash-compress.

I hope this was helpfull to you

I will not take any responsibility if this does not work I have not try it but I think it will work.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------
    *DBox 2 by Nokia (66 MHz Processor, 16 MB RAM) *
    *Arion AF-8000 HDMI *
    *Phillips DIS 2221 *
    *Zehnder DX4000 CI patched with NeotionBox SW *

Comment

• vimmers
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2010

look here
      _http://www.satlover.com/forum/dreambox-plugin/4157-dm500s-opening-logos-by-xlman80.html

Comment

• tibsom
        • Mar 2011

Have a good loock around, I am sure Nabilo has something that can help you

Comment

Working...