Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

SoftCam ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAS141
    • Dec 2011

SoftCam ???

Hi sorry if posted in the wrong place.
    I am a noob and keen to learn,

I have the DM5402, I have seen various posts with regard to new softcams for many makes and models, my question is.
    If your sytem set up appears stable, should you always update to the most recent release for your particular system, or is it best to leave it alone untilyou begin to have issues, and if it is the later, what type of issues would these be.

Thanks in advance..
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: SoftCam ???

if your specifically talking about the TM5402 and the Phantom patches then you dont always need to upgrade, If the latest patch has something you want in it then by all means upgrade if it does not then your happy with a stable image then best to stay as you are.

Most of the later Phantom patches for the 5402 where for the Softcam updates to various satellites, The last major one was 115p where he introduced media streaming via your network.

And as always you can always just download the Softcam keyfile and update this alone rather than updating your patch everytime, Just make sure you look for the technomate Softcam.key file for the TM5402.

Comment

• vimmers
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2010

to me its sounds he talking about emucams like cccam and mgcamd
      ETC
      and if that's correct then just use that 1 u use if its stable

Comment

• digicon
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2011

There are only 2 emucams available for the TM5402 that are patched into with the 002 patch and these are based on old versions of CCcam and Newcamd so it is impossible to change them for any other version.

I use to own a TM5402 and found it pretty much stable on either CCcam and newcamd its all dependant on the quality of the server

Comment

Working...