Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Howto enter a Win7 or a Win8 into a win2003 Server domain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpaolobvt
    • Jan 2012

Howto enter a Win7 or a Win8 into a win2003 Server domain

Hello guys,
    just to add to community my last experience on enter a win7 or win8 into an existing win2003 server.

The starting situtation was this:[LIST][*]Server Win2003 working perfectely, with active directory OK[*]A big number of PC (XP, VISTA, Win98) connected to the Server Win2003 working perfectely, no problem at all[*]New users account created with no problem on Win2003 [/LIST]

The problem was trying to enter in this domain a new PC with Win7 o Win8.

I followed the same procedure described in microsoft website.... of course theory is easy but practice is difference.

The message at the end of the procedure was "DOMAIN UNKNOW"... but believe me that the domain DO EXIST.

Finally, the fortune hitted my head.

Just follow the microsoft guideline, but first change in the Win7 or Win8 computer the IP of the DNS network to point to the Win2003 machine.
    With this trick, the machine can find the domani and the procedure concluded positivelly.

Now, it's easy.....

After this remember to reenter in the DNS network property the right IP.... otherwise the machine will not browse the net.

Hope this may help somebody else.

Bye
  • joseram2000
    Board Senior Member
    • Nov 2010

Re: Howto enter a Win7 or a Win8 into a win2003 Server domain

run by the button, and type the path follows, \ \ ip or \ \ pc namerun by the button, and type the path follows, \ \ ip or \ \ pc name

Comment

• Teranoz
      • May 2013

Joseram, that is not entering a serverdomain but using a networkshare, in most cases you can even use that with a share on another domain within the network (if you have the logins for it)
      gpaolobvt : did you check MSDN (thats what sysadmins always ask first with those questions)

Comment

• gpaolobvt
        • Jan 2012

Hi Teranoz,

Yes, I checked the MSDN, but found no help on it.

In every tutorial and trouble shouting, the procedure described was easy... but in my case this procedure didn't worked. No explanation on any reason.

But a friend of my, suggested the procedure that i described in the first post, and it worked.

May be this is only a trick to work around to some MS problem.

Bye
        :)

Comment

• joseram2000
          Board Senior Member
          • Nov 2010

run keys win + r

after \ \ 192.168.1. ***
          Ships and units of the shared server is not able to see win win 7 or 8

Comment

• gpaolobvt
            • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=joseram2000;299028]run keys win + r

after \ \ 192.168.1. ***
            Ships and units of the shared server is not able to see win win 7 or 8[/QUOTE]

Hello Joseram,

I agree with Teranoz......
            The way you are going to suggest will not let you grant the connection to a Server Domain

Normally, inside a company, you mayl have several computers, with different operative systems, a server domain system (one or more), all of them connected each other.

Then the "system manager IT" create users and password to let people to login and use the system resource.

The "system manager IT" create the policy to configure which resource use or which resource deny (Printers, BackUp system, shared folder,internet connection, etc) .

All these rules are managed inside the Doman server.

When a user login into a pc that configured inside a domain server, after his login, the system resume the user's policy from Server. In this way, the system manager easily check what the user can do or cannot do with the resource available.

Bye
            :)

Comment

Working...