Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Screen resolution - Win 7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McrRed
    • Jul 2012

Screen resolution - Win 7

HI All,
    I've just got myself a new monitor and my old pc doesn't seem to be able to handle it....the images are squashed in the wrong aspect ratio.

My question, is there something I can do to force higher resolution from the onboard graphics processor or am I going to have to buy a graphics card? I don't need gaming speed graphics just want to be able to use the capabilities of the monitor better...

HP D330 (onboard graphics)
    AOC 21" monitor
    Win 7
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Screen resolution - Win 7

Install you driver for the graphic card(Nvidia,ATI,Intel) and you should get more options for screen resolutions.

Comment

• McrRed
      • Jul 2012

That's my problem. I went to the hp website but the drivers only go up to win xp so they won't install. Seems im stuck...thanks anyway. :(

Comment

• parsonline
        • Feb 2013

after you install the last driver. in display properties and setting you can check which resolution your graphic card can support
        ofcourse some software are exist that can increase contrast and color of picture that depend to your card

Comment

• kostis
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2012

if what others tell you dosent work go to the screen menu and search for "auto adjust" or something similar. most of the new screen have their own settings.
          If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• luk4asz
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2011

Check with HWiNFO what is this platform chipset graphics card in your computer. Maybe that does not support Full HD resolution.

[CODE]_http://www.hwinfo.com/[/CODE]

Comment

• McrRed
              • Jul 2012

Thanks everyone...I went round and round with this...I could find XP drivers for this chipset but of course they wouldnt install because I have win7. Then I could find win7 drivers that wouldnt install because the chipset is too old.

I finally got the resolution to kick to 1600 x 1200 by asking for *resolutions which the monitor might not support* . This isnt the native resolution but its close enough :eek:

Comment

Working...