Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

The pirates in the Cloud, CS in the Cloud?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahrkpat
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

The pirates in the Cloud, CS in the Cloud?

[QUOTE]There have been various attempts to shut The Pirate Bay down, including police raids, arrests and court orders forcing all the major UK internet service providers to block access for their customers.

However, The Pirate Bay remains in operation via a system of backups, and has avoided the attention of authorities by hiding the true location of its servers.

And now the Swedish organisation has moved its entire online operation to cloud hosting. This means the site is easier to scale, provides a more reliable service to users and is also cheaper to run.

"So, first we ditched the trackers. Then we got rid of the torrents. Now? Now we've gotten rid of the servers," The Pirate Bay said in a blog post.
    [/QUOTE]

Source:__http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a431461/the-pirate-bay-heads-into-the-cloud.html

What I was thinking was if the file sharing site can have virtual servers in the Cloud will CS servers be able to move there also?
    It may be more anonymous and reliable?
    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.
  • herrr
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jan 2012

Re: The pirates in the Cloud, CS in the Cloud?

I think that those ways service would be slowed down (ping...) and this is not good for cs... :cool:

Comment

• findeciclo
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2010

[QUOTE=herrr;247892]I think that those ways service would be slowed down (ping...) and this is not good for cs... :cool:[/QUOTE]

Who knows......
      Maybe possible that in nearly time all will be in the cloud.
      By now I think this is no possible because of the ping but the future will tell us.

Best regards.

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

The only trouble with the cloud will be that those servers will be really easy to trace down. All users informations will be easy to access. As the CS is unlawful in many countries, therefore the owners will think many times before they move to cloud and put everyone at risk on being exposed.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• herrr
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jan 2012

Even thinkin' to the best, it's just like having all your hops+1...I don't think it's really such a good idea, better thinking to better protocols, maybe encrypted...
          Anyway...don't worry (or worry more... :D ) attack against cs will not come that way, but with cards that will make you a lot of freezes... :(

Comment

• findeciclo
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2010

[QUOTE=herrr;248367]Even thinkin' to the best, it's just like having all your hops+1...I don't think it's really such a good idea, better thinking to better protocols, maybe encrypted...
            Anyway...don't worry (or worry more... :D ) attack against cs will not come that way, but with cards that will make you a lot of freezes... :([/QUOTE]

I agree with you.
            Anyway, with or without cloud, CS suffers a lot of freezes continuosly, this is a problem noone has give a solution. I know about the ping, internet bandwith, and many other factors. So thinking about the cloud for CS is Science Fiction by now. And vulnerability of cloud is another factor to take into account.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...