Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Microsoft's Surface tablet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonilla
    Board Senior Member
    • Aug 2012

Microsoft's Surface tablet

The Microsoft strategy is now to aim the tablet market and try to reach Ipad market share.
    They are targeting high level customers and with the new Windows 8 OS they aim to be the second actor for tablet

[QUOTE]We're just about a month away from the day the Surface RT -- the version that runs on an ARM chip but that won't run existing third-party Windows software -- will debut. None of us in the tech press have had any real hands-on time with production versions of the device so far. So we don't really know if the hinges, the touch pads, the keyboards, the casing and all the other components Microsoft execs touted back in June are really as amazing as they looked in the orchestrated demo. None of us has had any real hands-on time with the operating system powering these machines, Windows RT, either.
    If the Surface RT works, looks and feels great, I'd be willing to pay more than an iPad for one. I know there are others like me who are tired of having lots of Windows hardware from which to choose -- but almost nothing worth splurging on.[/QUOTE]
    Price :between $300 and $800
    Do you think they will do a serious undercut to Apple?

Microsoft have so many powerfull arguments ,like Office(with Excel,Powerpoint),good compatibility with google(gmail) and so so many third party application.
    I think they can make a difference.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Microsoft's Surface tablet

The Tablet market is becoming so crowded now. The Asus transformer range, upcoming Huawei mediapad, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola xoom, Ipad, Blackberrry Playbook..........
    The list is endless. They will need to get the device absolutely spot on to get a big market share.
    The one advantage would be that it runs windows, albeit 2 different versions, depending which one you buy.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jul 2012

Re: Microsoft's Surface tablet

It will have to be good to beat the i pad at the moment nothing else comes close

Comment

Working...