Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Apples buggy mapping software

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Apples buggy mapping software

Looks like they should have stuck to ****** maps.

h**p://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19672981
  • Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Apples buggy mapping software

I wonder just how many people have discovered that their wonderful new toy is not all that it was cracked up to be, it will be very interesting over the next few weeks to see just what all the fuss was about and just how much better it really is in reality, but then will anyone admit that they have made a hasty decision and been taken in by all the glitter.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

I have never owned an Iphone, ipod, ianything.
      I much prefer androids versatility.

Comment

• bonilla
        Board Senior Member
        • Aug 2012

The new GPS system(galileo) will enhance all mapping software
        Satellite technology is used for applications including in- car navigation, time-stamping transactions at banks and powering telecommunications. Unlike the Global Positioning System, developed by the U.S. military, Galileo is designed for civil purposes and aims to end Europe’s reliance on GPS.
        More accurate than ever. ****** will follow and Apple too I think, building 3D (like flyover) mapping system.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• Mobley3
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2012

That may well turn out to be the situation in time bonilla, but surely if you are charging the kind of prices Apple do for the new phone then I think they should have an item that works a bit better than their new mapping system appears to do, judging from the first reports.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• bonilla
            Board Senior Member
            • Aug 2012

That's for sure Mobley3. It's pure marketing strategy to make you believe Iphone 5 is better than ever and than every other mobile.
            Installing software are being a real comedy since 2000. They force you to buy some unifinished stuff and then propose you to update/upgrade to fix thing and add some new features that are most of the time useless.
            Mapping software from Apple is the same.First you buy,then Apple will update every week the app to satisfy you ,making you believe that they care about your satisfaction
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• spannersmanner
              • Jun 2012

also hearing battery is not that good either

Comment

• Mobley3
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

With all of the demanding apps that are now part of any smartphone it is no surprise that the battery life is now becoming a major factor, it takes me back to the early days of portable phones when you needed to be a body builder just to lug the power pack around, now it seems you dare not stray too far away from the nearest power outlet.

Regards Mobley

mobley3

Comment

• gcms
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012

i ve also heared The problems are particularly bad outside of the US. Map detail might be lacking in some American cities, but London, Beijing, and Tokyo are virtually blnk is it right as i m not the user of apple phones as i m using andriod phones wishes and regards

Comment

• odysseas1991
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jan 2011

I refuse to update to ios6 because I will lose ****** maps. Ther versatility and amazing features of ****** maps was one of the BIGGEST reasons I purchased an iphone and I refuse to lose it to the shambles that Apple have produced. Until it joins the app store ios6 is a no from me.

Comment

• bonilla
                      Board Senior Member
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                      I refuse to update to ios6 because I will lose ****** maps. Ther versatility and amazing features of ****** maps was one of the BIGGEST reasons I purchased an iphone and I refuse to lose it to the shambles that Apple have produced. Until it joins the app store ios6 is a no from me.
                      Is it possible to download or backup the ipa of the ******map app ?

The battery is better than the Iphone4 and 4S (it's a fact) .So ,I'm wandering: is the IOS6 pumping all battery ? It could be a real pain if it's already a problem with Iphone 5... Imagine for the Iphone 3GS or 4....

Comment

• microchick
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

Are you able to download ****** maps from itunes store on iOS6 and set it as default?

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

I have a better solution. Just buy an android phone and stick two fingers up to Apple.
                          The only reason they moved from ****** maps to their own map software is because they're unhappy that android phones have a large market share.
                          Typical of apple, same as the whole flash issue.

Comment

• odysseas1991
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bonilla
                            Is it possible to download or backup the ipa of the ******map app ?

The battery is better than the Iphone4 and 4S (it's a fact) .So ,I'm wandering: is the IOS6 pumping all battery ? It could be a real pain if it's already a problem with Iphone 5... Imagine for the Iphone 3GS or 4....
                            Perhaps, but that may involve jailbreaking the phone of which I do not want to do. It is a ridiculous situation anyway, the only way to get ****** maps is through the browser of the iphone but that is not ideal, it does not react the same way as the app.

I hope that the ios6 improves battery drain for all products, I am just waiting for them to approve ****** maps back onto the App store so I can sample it!

Microchick: No, it is not available at the moment. Instead you can put a shortcut to the browser version that looks like an app...

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

The point isn't whether ****** Maps on iOS is childsplay, or whether the droid ****** Maps is better/worse than Apple Maps. The point is that Apple will not give you the choice. Will I still be able to download some version of ****** Maps for iOS? Will other GPS apps be kicked out of the app store ? Maybe, maybe not. But as a consumer, being satisfied with whatever Apple decides I should be satisfied with isn't good enough anymore

Comment

Working...