Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Here All All The Cities You Can Flyover In iOS 6 Maps [Gallery]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dniestre
    Banned
    • Mar 2012

Apple’s Flyover feature in the new iOS 6 Maps app gives users are really cool way to explore their favorite cities by looking at 3D renderings of major metropolitan areas. You can zoom in and out to view buildings in greater detail kind of like you’re really there. Right now there are a limited number of cities that Apple has created 3D renders of, but here’s a look at all the cities currently supporting Flyover in the new Maps app.

Chicago

Copenhagen

Los Angeles

Miami

Montreal

Sacramento

San Francisco

Seattle

Sydney

The current number of cities Apple has rendered in 3D is pretty paltry and we’re hoping they get a lot more completed before iOS 6 launches.
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Here All All The Cities You Can Flyover In iOS 6 Maps [Gallery]

I have iphone and must say with this improvement on the map function it will be good

Comment

• bonilla
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2012

The IOS 6 is available for testing.
      Anyone have tested that flyover thing on the Iphone 4 ?
      Are they more cities updated recently?
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• odysseas1991
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jan 2011

The Appple map feature will be replacing ****** maps. ****** maps is a very important feature that just "worked" on the iphone and Apple must make sure that their new app meets at the very least the quality of the ****** maps. ****** maps is one of the most powerful map engines and I struggle to believe that Apple can match it, so maybe novelty features like this are included to make it seem better...

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Its in 3D and will be a data killer. Will need an unlimited data plan. Specially if you are using to navigate with your iphone using the flyover maps.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bonilla
            Board Senior Member
            • Aug 2012

No news about downloading maps to see it offline ?
            I second the point of downloading data which is a real pain for the actual phone providers...
            There is an app called offmaps,which allows
            Full featured map
            Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way around town. OffMaps provides an offline search, map, bookmarks and much more.

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

Apple have confirmed that London 3D maps and turn by turn navigation will be available on the new iOS6. It will be revolutionary to see Navigation in 3D for any of the UK city.

Comment

• bonilla
                Board Senior Member
                • Aug 2012

Street View needn’t be worried yet, though. Apple’s rendered streets give a great view of the architecture, but it looks more like an empty, creepy ghost town than ******’s messy everything-goes street-level photos. This typifies the difference between the two companies.
                Navigating the 3-D cities is like playing a game. Two finger twists rotate the buildings, and the buildings are drawn in over a black grid as they load. It’s like Tron, or the old PS1 version of Ridge Racer. You’ll be forgiven for taking hours-long virtual tours of cities far away.
                Those without access to the developer preview will have to wait until next Wednesday 19th to see Flyover in action. And curiously, Apple’s own site currently lists the 3-D buildings feature as U.S-only.

Comment

• odysseas1991
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by microchick
                  Its in 3D and will be a data killer. Will need an unlimited data plan. Specially if you are using to navigate with your iphone using the flyover maps.
                  I think an unlimited data plan is crucial now with all these smartphones. I incindently begged my provider to give me a unlimited data allowance but they did not offer it, so I had to leave them since it is critical that I have the freedom I want on my smartphone. Download apps, maps, videos, emails, browsing, tethering, streaming live TV etc. It is best to just have no limits as opposed to constantly having to check if you are under or over your allowance.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Just found out that only major cities of the world are available in the flyover. Thats a shame because most of the people in the countryside would be using the same old fashioned version of navigation (2D). People form London would benifit from the new maps and as soon as you leave london the brand new iphone5 would transform into an old sat nav!

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

It's a good thing ****** is still playing nice with Apple and not kicking them to the curve. How can you ditch ****** maps and release something subpar with nothing but a fancy fly-over mode that does nothing of particular use? And actually include that in your presentation like it's something to be proud of? I'm sorry but Apple seems to have lost contact with the real world.

Comment

• bonilla
                        Board Senior Member
                        • Aug 2012

Important specs for Flyover :

Apparently, the 3D flyover feature will require the power of the A5 processor (at least) in order to run properly. This means that the Maps flyover will be available on the iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 4S, and future mobile iProducts, but it will not be available to those with original generation iPads, iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4, although those devices will still be able to run iOS 6.

Comment

• microchick
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

****** Maps now has 45-degree imagery for 51 cities around the world, including our very own Newcastle. So that means you can get an eyeful of the Gateshead Millennium Bridge and its surroundings as if you were in a passing helicopter (Those lucky Geordies). Pisa in Italy has been given the treatment too, so you can take a look at the famous Leaning Tower.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2012

What would be the point of the flyover map, just eyecandy for 1 minute how will it help you navigate, I for one find ******s street view map more useful.
                            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

Apple, meanwhile, introduced a handy section in the App Store to help you find a decent maps app. This comes off the back of Tim Cook's apology, where he admitted the company hadn't kept to its usual high standards with Maps.

Comment

Working...