Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Install mac os on PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sg22
    • Aug 2011

Install mac os on PC

Has anyone managed to get tonymacx, iboot legacy to install mac os 10.6 on an i5 PC. When i run the image and select iboot it just crashes.
  • ath2800
    • May 2011

Re: Install mac os on PC

I recommend you install the lion on a i5. You need a computer with MAC OS X, the x-flash lion, a DSDT for your Motherboard, and the app lion (IMODZONE). There are many manuals online how important is the dsdt and a motherboard compatible with MAC.
    Regards.

Comment

• satfreak86
      • Jul 2010

It works with any I-3/I-5/I-6 processor in Win7 if you emulate it! You need VMWare Workstation, MacDrive to load the Mac OS - Image and the File darwin_snow.iso. There are a few important steps and other programs that you will need, otherwise it will not work!

If you want to install any version of MAC OS without emulation on a normal PC it's very difficult! In this case, the correct hardware is very important!

Comment

• findeciclo
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2010

Download the Mac system from a pc is not possible. For that you must purchase a physical copy on DVD or pen drive, which are more expensive.
        Yes, you can install on PC, but keep in mind that they are Mac operating systems, so they are not compatible with all makes and models of pc components. Some pc's are 100% compatible, others will fail or not work some things, and other models can not even boot.

Yes you can install Mac OS on your pc, the process is called hackingtosh, but beware, it has limitations, can not be in a micro Amd has to be Core 2 duo, Quad-core, core I3/I4/I5 because not work on the rest, it supports not all the pc hardware. Some motherboards cause problems.

Basically the process is a pirated copy of mac and crack unlocker program or a pen drive. This installation system is time consuming and not error free installation or gifts you have to go based on the error which is usually found due to the hardware you have.

If you want a Mac, buy a Mac. A Mac is a different world than PC world.

Comment

• ath2800
          • May 2011

Currently MAC operating system mounted on Intel machines. There are several forums where you will find information about which machines are compatible and how to install it. You can have a MAC to a bargain price.
          regards

Comment

• findeciclo
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ath2800
            Currently MAC operating system mounted on Intel machines. There are several forums where you will find information about which machines are compatible and how to install it. You can have a MAC to a bargain price.
            regards
            I insist, if you want a Mac, buy a Mac.
            Regards.

Comment

• darkbus
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by findeciclo
              I insist, if you want a Mac, buy a Mac.
              Regards.
              The problem is some people need access to a mac just for a short time, like to try out a developed (java) application to see how it works. A hackintosh is a good way to do that without having to spend a lot of $ on one. A good side for resources on how to do it is
              Code:
              _http://www.hackintosh.com/

Comment

• findeciclo
                Experienced Board Member
                • Oct 2010

Ok, this may be a solution. But I think the hosting PC must be powefull a lot, and the resources, processors, memories, and all of devices must be compatible, because then it would not be possible.
                I know a Mac is more expensive than a PC. But if you need a Mac, if you really need a Mac, puchase a Mac.
                If you need a Mac you must buy a Mac, because for a usual computer user, a PC is enough.
                You must in mind that a Mac is designed for advanced and proffesional users. For apps like autocad, etc... and the possibilities of download app's is more limited than a PC.
                Mac's app's are designed only for Mac, and there are devices that don't works with Mac, printers, Sat tv receivers, etc....
                So if you need a Mac, you need a Mac, not a PC, so purchase a Mac.
                Nothing else.
                Regards.

Comment

• darkbus
                  • Oct 2011

There is a whole section on that link with what is compatible. And who says it has to be powerful? Generally a standard PC will do.

Comment

• kiss_ro
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by findeciclo
                    So if you need a Mac, you need a Mac, not a PC, so purchase a Mac.
                    Nothing else.
                    Regards.
                    Hi,

I saw twice your idea to purchase a MAC and I'm not sharing your idea...

A MAC nowaday is not a MAC... it's an INTEL platform with a different OS - a UNIX based OS.. before when it were equipped with Motorola processors - the things were different.

So you need to reconsider all this - SAME hardware but different operating system - better design - this is true - and some different keys on the keyboard - but same functionality like on an ordinary pc's keyboard - and all this with a higher price - only these are the differences.

If you still need a special - fantastic computer - consider a SPARC processor powered computer made by SUN Microsystems (for example) - this is a native UNIX (Solaris) powered computer and of course it can be used with some Linux Distro's too, but it's an amazing piece of hardware...

Conclusion: A new MAC is not a MAC.. - so if you like to use MAC OS on a PC - go ahead - it will work like a charm, or if you want to run Windows 7 on a MAC - this also can be possible (I have changed a HDD on a MAC and it had Win7 on it and started - I didn't repaired the instalation to see if it works but it started...).

Bye

Comment

• darkbus
                      • Oct 2011

Totally agree kiss_ro, The only difference between a Mac and a PC (Which also actually includes Macs) is software. All the hardware is identical. Apple were very sensible with moving to the intel architecture because it gave them such a performance boost over the PPC architecture.

Comment

• findeciclo
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kiss_ro
                        Hi,

I saw twice your idea to purchase a MAC and I'm not sharing your idea...

A MAC nowaday is not a MAC... it's an INTEL platform with a different OS - a UNIX based OS.. before when it were equipped with Motorola processors - the things were different.

So you need to reconsider all this - SAME hardware but different operating system - better design - this is true - and some different keys on the keyboard - but same functionality like on an ordinary pc's keyboard - and all this with a higher price - only these are the differences.

If you still need a special - fantastic computer - consider a SPARC processor powered computer made by SUN Microsystems (for example) - this is a native UNIX (Solaris) powered computer and of course it can be used with some Linux Distro's too, but it's an amazing piece of hardware...

Conclusion: A new MAC is not a MAC.. - so if you like to use MAC OS on a PC - go ahead - it will work like a charm, or if you want to run Windows 7 on a MAC - this also can be possible (I have changed a HDD on a MAC and it had Win7 on it and started - I didn't repaired the instalation to see if it works but it started...).

Bye
                        Ok, I respect your opinion.

Comment

• kiss_ro
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by the-inderffm
                          You can find on the internet many OSX images patched for Intel Pc's.
                          I have got one and tried installing it but I failed booting it up after installing.
                          I had problems with the bootmanger and it crashed always.
                          There are many tutorials on the internet how to do it.
                          There are also tutorials out shwong how to dualboot Lion OSX with a normal windows 7 pc.
                          I will try it on my holidays again and hope it will work.
                          Having OSX is something really cool.
                          My friend - you don't need a patched MacOS - any MacOs X version will do the job if you have an Core i5 processor and change in BIOS/EFI the HDD in AHCI mode on any PC. Probed and tested on brand computers (HP and ACER) and on no name computers too. All this done from an 8 GB USB pen.

Like I said before - Mac is not Mac anymore - is an Intel PC...

Comment

• alcover
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2011

i try to install mac osx on intel i7 2600k and all work well.

Comment

Working...