Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cardsharing newbie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • welshmatt983
    • Jan 2013

Cardsharing newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry not really clued up on card sharing, intact I hadn't heard of it till I had dinner with a friend this evening.

After he told me a bit about what he had done, bought a box and a motorised dish I think he said and pays a small fraction of what I pay to sky made me think about doing a similar sort of thing!

I am currently paying approx £105 to sky, all channels, ESPN, Boxnation, HD and multi-room x 2!

Is there a guide on setting up anywhere?
    Do I need to buy a motorised dish or do I just use the one already installed by sky?
    Is there a certain box I need, or ones better than others?

Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, as I said hadn't heard of it until about 2 hours ago so just looking for a begginers guide or something?

Thanks in advance!
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Cardsharing newbie

Welcome to the world's best satellite forum on the web.
    1) If you want to watch sly then the existing dish would do the job.
    2) There are different boxes available. Cheap and Expensive. Brilliant, good, average and bad. They cost from £50 to £450.
    3) You would need a CS Server to subscribe to.

My personal suggestions.
    1) Use ****** and try tounderstand how it works.
    2) Read about different boxes on the forum.
    3)Use the help of your friend to install it and explian it to you if you dont want to do reading and research.

Good luck with your project
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

welshmatt983.

welcome to the site,
      best do some reading in english section, if you only require 28east (sly) no need for dish replacement or motor.
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• kostis
        Experienced Board Member
        • Nov 2012

Do some reading in this forum, it will take a little time but it totally worth it.
        From what you said so far you will only need a new receiver and an internet connection. in my opinion you have 2 ways of entering in cardsharing.
        1. get a receiver ready to go with a "gift" or
        2. get a receiver, do some reading here and then try to do it for less on your own.
        i did both on the same time got a receiver ready to go and got another one to play with.
        If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Start off with a receiver. dreambox, vu+, etc and hook it up to your dish.
          Need to read up though as it's a lot to take in at first.
          I just took delivery of a vu+ solo2 and it is fantastic. Runs rings around my old clone vu+ duo.

Comment

• welshmatt983
            • Jan 2013

Thanks for replies guys, yes, first things first I guess I have to spend some time reading through threads on this forum then hopefully I will understand it a bit more!

Sometimes watch sport on my laptop which isn't on sky, can these boxes pick channels up like these or do I need a better dish and box?

What is picture quality like also, do they ever freeze etc?

Thanks once again for all your input!

Originally posted by bokkie
            Start off with a receiver. dreambox, vu+, etc and hook it up to your dish.
            Need to read up though as it's a lot to take in at first.
            I just took delivery of a vu+ solo2 and it is fantastic. Runs rings around my old clone vu+ duo.
            Hi just wondering what is so good about the vu+ solo 2? Does it pick up more channels or something, or better picture quality?

Comment

• mirny
              Experienced Board Member
              • Nov 2011

Why didn't ask your friend at the dinner a bit?
              you could save lot of your time.
              HD-BOX FS-9200,SkyStar HD2 USB CI, Skystar2 90Fe Motor, 85Al Multifeed

If you like my post, or was helpful, don't be shy and press the Thanks Button.

Comment

• kostis
                Experienced Board Member
                • Nov 2012

welshmatt983: Sometimes watch sport on my laptop which isn't on sky, can these boxes pick channels up like these or do I need a better dish and box?

this is not the way it works, what you do with your laptop is streaming and the image and sound are not good. with cs you will get great quality like before.

welshmatt983: What is picture quality like also, do they ever freeze etc?

if you get an HD receiver you will be able to watch HD channels also. no freeze if you get a good "gift" (cline etc) and have a good ping on internet connection.
                If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

Working...