Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Question about cardsharing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirCarterIV
    • Sep 2014

Question about cardsharing

Hi evryone,

I'm new on this website and I have a question ( it may be the stupidest question)

Recently a person installed something that I can have all the channels. The method is by internet. My question now is if I get another box like the one he installed and install it via internet and by the satellite dish will it work? The person wanted to charge me double the price to get another box which I thought it was a steal as It could be done in the same connection right? or is it any way I could get the same channels as my other box downstairs?

Thank you for the help in advance
  • gianni253
    Experienced Board Member
    • Nov 2012

Re: Question about cardsharing

Judging by your questions you are quite a newbie about cardsharing so my answers will be very short and simple:
    - If you buy another box you won't be able to install it like that person did (you miss informations and knowledge);
    - double price for a second receiver is right for a different apartment. If the second box is in the same apartment you may ask for a discount.

Welcome to Satlover Forum

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

With a bit of reading and help from this forum, you could do it all yourself and save some money.
      Also good to know a bit about it should any problems arise.

Comment

• aplok
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2013

... for sure it is easy for the one who know how to do this !

but, still, his expertise is gained by learning the system, satellite, and cardsharing
        this is time, real time --- not virtual time nor just clic and go nor plug and play ---

this is a real technical operation, just like an plumber, a dentist or a cardio surgeon
        not blabla

now, about pricing, well i think all it is related to the price of the time
        of the environment you live in:

- in an openworld or in you social club, you can share this service within the community

- outside, ie in $world: you have to pay

but anyway the expert, and his real expertise,
        will save you precious time
        with an operationnal tailor made dedicated solution

but for sure: this is not straightforward clic and go ...

this has a real price too

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Nobody said it was click and go. But learning the basics and then learning more as you proceed, as we all would have done, I would hardly compare it to a cardio surgeon though.
          as for pricing, I'm sure the guy that installed the stb didn't do so for nothing, so I'm pretty sure he could do it cheaper with a bit of guidance.

Could I ask what box you have SirCarterIV

Comment

• kalpikos
            Experienced Board Member
            • Sep 2011

Hi SirCarterIV

You can't install other box like the first you have with the same setup.

It's looks simple but it's not.

The person who made the installation, probably he locked the settings to avoid stealing.
            So, you can't copy the needed settings for the connection.

As about the price for the second box, everyone has his own policy.
            You can ask him about a discount, which is a fair for both of you.

Of Course, there is the way of knowledge where you can start reading about cardsharing and how to do it in order to enter to this world.
            In this way you can save some money and also find a wonderful hobby
            If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• SirCarterIV
              • Sep 2014

Hi bokkie, I have a skybox f5. The settings are locked with password but I know the password and the reason why I wanted to get a way of installing another one is because of the really expensive price that he charged. Around £200 to install it, £100 for a year subscription, the reason why I was not very interested in the price was because I dind't pay for it and when I ask how much it would be to get one myself he said £200 with one year free so I'm certainly not spending that amount of money. If there is a way to get it sorted and someone that knows how to do it would like to help me, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for everyone that answered.

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Whoa mate, that is steep. A skybox costs around £50 and a years sub to sly u.k. can be had for about £20 now that hd channels are gone.
                Unfortunately I don't know much about skybox as I have a vu+ solo2.

Comment

• aplok
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by SirCarterIV
                  ... Around £200 to install it, £100 for a year subscription,...
                  ... including to fix the dish on the roof ?

Comment

• kalpikos
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Sep 2011

Hi SirCarterIV

Despite the fact that you know the pass of your box and you can take any necessary setting from your box (the C-line or the N-line), be sure that when you activate the second box the server will detect you.

I'm not sure what the punishment will be, but if I were he I would ban you permanently from my server without any refund.
                    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• digicon
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2011

if you need to access the secret Cams menu on the F5 then try these codes

0000 - 6666 - 3327

Those 3 are the standard out of the box codes that never get changes unless the person who installed the receiver has changed them

Comment

Working...