Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Media Portal + MDAPI(Plus) + Hadu config

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurabli
    • Jul 2013

Media Portal + MDAPI(Plus) + Hadu config

Hi,

I have a htpc running the latest version of Media Portal. At the moment, I'm using a DVB-C card from Terratec and LiveTV is working excellent. However, I want to upgrade to a SAT dish and have other packets and channels.

I Intend to buy a SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCIe card. I believe it is a good choice for this. If not, please tell me why? I do not need a dual tuner card.

I searched a lot how to configure MP to use cardsharing, but I did not find a complete guide that would explain exactly what and how should I do.

I get that I need to install MDAPI(plus) and the latest HADU. In HADU I enter the c-line I will have and there we go, scrambled channels are unlocked.
    Of course, I know I will have first to scan the sat in TV-Server.

The c-line will be a reliable fast one. My internet connection is very fast and good. I'm using Win7 Ultimate 32-bit. At the moment, all the HD channels from DVB-C are working very nice, no problems at all.

Could you please help me how to configure all, a steb-by-step guide would be so much appreciated!

I still do not know if I'm going to have a single fix dish or will build around a motor. If I go with the motor, is it possible to have two or more c-lines in Hadu for different packages? For one package I will have a c-line and for another package another c-line from another place. Is it possible?

Your help and advises are very much appreciated!
  • besit
    Board Senior Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Media Portal + MDAPI(Plus) + Hadu config

If no one will help you, I will. But i will wait a little for I don't like media portal much. I tryed it with mdapi plugin and acamd. Think hadu will work same perfect.
    About skystar.
    I heard pci-e version of last technisat hardware is less buggy then pci and usb. But I strongly recommend you not to use technisat cards, especially in win newer then xp because of some issues with standby and screwy bda drivers. You better look to STB cards. Also I can recommend Prof tuners and Tevii. There are many matreials here about dvb card choice, don't want to repeat.

Comment

• gurabli
      • Jul 2013

Re: Media Portal + MDAPI(Plus) + Hadu config

Thank you Besit! I will ask for your help if I'm stuck with the setup, or perhaps others could post a complete guide for this, if exists.

Basically, I need a confirmation that the whole idea will work, that is, MP + MDAPIplus + HADU will give me perfect results in terms of quality TV experience. AS I said before, at the moment I use a DVB-C card with MP and it is perfect! HD and SD channels are all excellent, everything is working so fine and nice (just missing the channels I need). I hope it will be the same with DVB-S2 as well.

I read and heard that the new Technisat 2 express hd card is much better and there are no problems with the card and drivers, including Windows7. I will check this, and perhaps if someone can help me who has this card with his experiences?

Comment

Working...