Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Sharing through proxy or vpn

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moFu
    • May 2012

Sharing through proxy or vpn

Hey satlover community,

im wondering about if card sharing works if i use a proxy or vpn connecting to cs server

cant get a plugin for spark which can handle this things (or is oscam able to do this, somebody knows?) but i know that proxy settings are available for other systems

someone has experience if it works correctly, hoch munch does ecm time increase and is the ecm transferred fast enough to get no freezes and glitches?

interested in because want to increase security

thx in advance
  • sideralgr
    • Dec 2012

Re: Sharing through proxy or vpn

Originally posted by moFu
    Hey satlover community,

im wondering about if card sharing works if i use a proxy or vpn connecting to cs server

cant get a plugin for spark which can handle this things (or is oscam able to do this, somebody knows?) but i know that proxy settings are available for other systems

someone has experience if it works correctly, hoch munch does ecm time increase and is the ecm transferred fast enough to get no freezes and glitches?

interested in because want to increase security

thx in advance
    what is the difference between proxy and vnp?

Comment

• skytec
      Experienced Board Member
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sideralgr
      what is the difference between proxy and vnp?
      A VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypts all of your traffic, replacing your ISP and routing traffic through the VPN server.

Proxy allow you to access a limited number of online services. Usually just web browsing through a borrowed IP address third-party network.
      Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• moFu
        • May 2012

Originally posted by knot2
        openvpn works but I do not know if you've installed enigma
        ive a dualbootbox and on second theres a enigma2 version installed... there is a openvpn option to set but i want to know how munch ping time, ecm time increases and if theres a plugin to use in spark

Comment

• gianni253
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2012

VPN is definitely the safest way to do cs.
          With a good setup you won't see any increase in ping or ecm time.

Comment

• kalpikos
            Experienced Board Member
            • Sep 2011

I have used in the past proxy servers to get access to the internet sites and I remember that the speed was very very slow.
            I think that the internet speed is a major factor for cs.
            so, the speed you will get using a proxy will be very slow. The ecm time will be increased so much that you won't be able to see anything.
            If someone else has already used proxy server, please tell us about the ecm time.

Also, Could someone explain to me what exactly is the VPN ?
            If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• fandm
              Experienced Board Member
              • Aug 2011

Proxy servers come in 4 types

You may see references to four different types of proxy servers:

Transparent Proxy

This type of proxy server identifies itself as a proxy server and also makes the original IP address available through the http headers. These are generally used for their ability to cache websites and do not effectively provide any anonymity to those who use them. However, the use of a transparent proxy will get you around simple IP bans. They are transparent in the terms that your IP address is exposed, not transparent in the terms that you do not know that you are using it (your system is not specifically configured to use it.)

Anonymous Proxy

This type of proxy server indentifies itself as a proxy server, but does not make the original IP address available. This type of proxy server is detectable, but provides reasonable anonymity for most users.

Distorting Proxy

This type of proxy server identifies itself as a proxy server, but make an incorrect original IP address available through the http headers.

High Anonymity Proxy

This type of proxy server does not identify itself as a proxy server and does not make available the original IP address.

Please make sure to read about anonymous proxy risks before using a proxy server.
              If you want to use one it may be illegal in your country to use a proxy server.

Comment

• gianni253
                Experienced Board Member
                • Nov 2012

Vpn is built with private servers/routers so it's performance is always better comparing to proxies, even when they are "pay proxies".
                Furthermore vpn has no limitations about protocols that can be used.
                Really, non competition between the two choices ...

Comment

• luk4asz
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2011

VPN - virtual private network. You have a private encrypted tunnel between servers, boxes, phones. Information sent through the tunnel is secure and encrypted.
                  Code:
                  _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network#Example_use_of_a_VPN_Tunnel
                  _http://linuxconfig.org/VPN_-_Virtual_Private_Network_and_OpenVPN

Comment

• pan1300
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

hi guys

just some additional info - don't know proxy, but my experience with vpn is that it's very safe, but also slows down a lot (when I compare my 'normal' internet speed with connection to my vpn server (for work), I only keep 10% of my 'normal' speed). Should be still enough for cs, but strange anyway - asked about this and seems to be normal

Comment

• kalpikos
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Sep 2011

ok, it's a little more clear now

but Im still trying to understand if a proxy or a vpn server has the ability to be used for cs.
                      The first I was thinking about is the speed and the second is the same IP that I will have as client with someone else.
                      I think if you try to connect to a server, and you have the same IP with someone else, the server will ban you.
                      I don't know that for sure, so if someone know much about this , i would like to hear his opinion.
                      If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• rizwan
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Sep 2010

My Question is slightly concern with that, If I have a private network , Can I share a single C-line on different boxes, Or I have different C-lines and it can be shared with others on a private network ?
                        Vu+ Solo2
                        Dream Box 800HD,
                        Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
                        HP LCD W2338h
                        Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• gianni253
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Nov 2012

@pan1100
                          your speed loss with vpn has nothing to do with vpn itself ... maybe it depends on server load, server line speed etc.
                          If infrastructure is well designed you will note no appreciable difference (I can grant this for sure because I've made tests with same hardware and same internet connections, with and without vpn)

@kalpikos
                          Just imagine you are doing cs in a lan with private ip addresses (example 192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x).
                          Depending on vpn design you will be able to connect only to server (typical design for cs) or connect to all other clients.
                          Of course, in a vpn there must be a network admin who have control on both server and clients.

@rizwan
                          Again, nothing to do with vpn ... you can share a single cline only if cs server admin will allow.
                          Read above, imagine you are in a domestic network with server and clients inside the same building ... that's a vpn

Comment

• runmo
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2010

Always keep it to the topic,thx case closed

Comment

Working...