Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Question about ecm times and packages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scooterman
    Board Senior Member
    • Sep 2011

Question about ecm times and packages

When on the free servers with high ecm times nds is pretty well unwatchable
    the question is what encryption types gives best results on free clines conax viaaccess etc.
    I noticed on astra 23E some packages are much more watchable so is there a particular encryption type that holds more stable than others and not so dependant on good connection ecm times.
  • pan1300
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Question about ecm times and packages

hi

I'm no expert in this, but I have a feeling it's because 23,5E is less watched and popular rather than the encryption itself ; as said: I also find this sat 'better' than eg astra 1, 2 and HB (what freezes and freeserver concerns) - and this on different encryptions.

If I'm wrong, and there seems to be a logical and/or technical explanation, I would like to know also ...

Comment

• scooterman
      Board Senior Member
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by pan1100
      hi

I'm no expert in this, but I have a feeling it's because 23,5E is less watched and popular rather than the encryption itself ; as said: I also find this sat 'better' than eg astra 1, 2 and HB (what freezes and freeserver concerns) - and this on different encryptions.

If I'm wrong, and there seems to be a logical and/or technical explanation, I would like to know also ...
      Well i had a play about and conax seems to hold more stable than any other with high ecm's rates,and we know nds is way out the ball park with a free server.
      Perhaps another member can give us a clearer picture,figuratively speaking and also on tv

Comment

• toby69
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

i searched also, the en-cryption no doubt is the key, as most stable chns there on encrytion system you mentioned.
        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• scooterman
          Board Senior Member
          • Sep 2011

And the conax ch's on Thor 1 west are just as stable the odd glitch very watchable compared to the others,thanks for the conformation Toby.

Comment

• robroy12
            • Jul 2012

err..can somebody point me to a good tutorial abt ecm, pat,pmt etc?

Comment

• skytec
              Experienced Board Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by scooterman
              When on the free servers with high ecm times nds is pretty well unwatchable
              the question is what encryption types gives best results on free clines conax viaaccess etc.
              I noticed on astra 23E some packages are much more watchable so is there a particular encryption type that holds more stable than others and not so dependant on good connection ecm times.

NDS needs to answer a maximum of 600ms, it is interesting that this does not apply in VIASAT 5°E.
              Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• scooterman
                Board Senior Member
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by skytec
                NDS needs to answer a maximum of 600ms, it is interesting that this does not apply in VIASAT 5°E.
                It might be down to the encryption refresh rate set by the provider and conax must be one of the slowest ,pull the card and picture stays for 3-5 secs,no problem watching conax on a free server.

Comment

• odysseas1991
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jan 2011

I personally find Viaccess the most reliable in terms of rate of clearing ECM times. I have thought this for a while now and it has never given a problem once. Unfortunatley my box is not linux so I cannot check stats and connections etc but in terms of reliability, that is what I have found.

Comment

• scooterman
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011

Perhaps it varies with different receivers conax seems to hold better in the spiderbox during poor ecm connections Canal on Thor is very stable with a free line.

Comment

Working...