Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

using iphone 3g hotspot for cardshare?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richy-G
    • May 2012

using iphone 3g hotspot for cardshare?

I was wondering if anyone has used the IPhone 4s's hotspot connection to connect to a cardshare using 3g.

I have a vu duo running vix and I have created a hotspot on my phone and I use a dongle connected to my pc which I am using to send wite this now. So my pc is connected to the internet and I have an ethernet cable running from my pc to my vu duo box running the vix image.

I have my lan and wireless dongle bridged so When I run the network wizard in vix it picks up my phones internal IP and also says im connected to the internet but the channels don't clear. I have also tried ics sharing instead of bridged but the duo doesn't pick up my Iphone.

I have also tried the wireless dongle plugged in directly to the vu duo and that also brings the same result box says connected to the internet but channels dont clear, I am able to download plugins and skins etc so it is deffo connected.

My phones download speed is nearly 6mb/s so I don't think thats the problem.

I have 2 cardshare subscriptions and they both work fine connected via normal broadband but I currently can't use that as it has been cut off due to moving home.

any suggestions?
  • Triad
    Experienced Member
    • Jan 2012

Re: using iphone 3g hotspot for cardshare?

Interesting concept. If the rec is connected to the net over the phone and if the rec is downloading plugins etc, then I see on reason why cardshare wouldn't work!?? unless server haven't limited it's Clines to user output IP's.
    Then it could be possible that by changing your provider to let's say hotspot, you could lose CS (but this is rarely the case).

Comment

• harrycyp
      • Sep 2010

have you bridged the connection ?
      no reason why it should not work

Comment

• skytec
        Experienced Board Member
        • Mar 2010

I believe that 3G technology is not very useful for CS because high latancy.
        Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by skytec
          I believe that 3G technology is not very useful for CS because high latancy.
          I think it depends on your location and the 3g signal you receive.
          I have read somewhere of this being done with a wired connection, which I believe would be a better option than using a wifi hotspot.

Comment

• skytec
            Experienced Board Member
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by bokkie
            I think it depends on your location and the 3g signal you receive.
            I have read somewhere of this being done with a wired connection, which I believe would be a better option than using a wifi hotspot.

Personally I not use a 3G connection, but as described below will be impossible watching NDS without freezing.

The latency of a 3G connection tends to average slightly under 500 milliseconds, or close to one-half second. In practice, they may not make a great deal of difference in the perceived speed of browsing the web. However, playing online action games may be difficult.
            Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• djhowie
              • Jun 2012

It works ok for me on an android phone, Ive not tried my iphone yet. hardly used any data either. No real freezes to speak of, maybe the odd glitch but i get that on the house broadband too.

Comment

• ocram88

If you use the 3G you should not get big differences ripetto connection at home. The data exchanged with the server have a small size and this should not affect the viewing channel

Comment

• bong1
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Apr 2010

andriod hotspot worked ok for me but depends on time off day as to ecm times
                  coyi !

Comment

Working...