Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iam a bit confused

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scooterman
    Board Senior Member
    • Sep 2011

Iam a bit confused

Hello iam a little confused about running cccam adding clines etc thais is all new to me.
    I tried to put some clines into a spiderbox today here's what happened.
    I put them in by remote control method as i could'nt get the usb to recognise the server.cfg file from a memory stick.
    Once inserted they came up connected showing 12 or so cards each ,but i checked each sat position and nothing cleared not knowing what they would clear.
    I read somewhere to change my I.P setting to static so i tried that but still the same and pc had error message about IP conflict between two devices so i put it back to auto.
    To be honest i dont really know what iam doing and perhaps a premium membership might help me out until i can get my head round things.
    Would the spiderbox be ok on the premium server and could i get some help on how to load properly and make it work.
  • vimmers
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: Iam a bit confused

have you tried to setup your spiderbox ip number into your router
    that's maybe why you have conflict

Comment

• pjmuk
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by scooterman
      Hello iam a little confused about running cccam adding clines etc thais is all new to me.
      I put them in by remote control method as i could'nt get the usb to recognise the server.cfg file from a memory stick.
      Once inserted they came up connected showing 12 or so cards each ,but i checked each sat position and nothing cleared not knowing what they would clear.
      I read somewhere to change my I.P setting to static so i tried that but still the same and pc had error message about IP conflict between two devices so i put it back to auto.
      To be honest i dont really know what iam doing and perhaps a premium membership might help me out until i can get my head round things.
      Would the spiderbox be ok on the premium server and could i get some help on how to load properly and make it work.
      Hi Scooterman,

Couple of questions:

Are you clearing any of the Ethernet channels that came free with the Spiderbox?

Are these Clines that you entered free ones?

Have you tried the free Cline from this forum - Server 3?

Finally do not rush into buying a premium membership until you are sure you have got your box to work.

Comment

• digicon
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2011

If you leave your DHCP on auto then you know its connecting because as you say the lines you entered say connected and where showing some cards so thats your first hurdle over leave DHCP on auto as this is working.

Secondly as PJMUK has stated use one of the free lines from here to test as these open most packages on nearly all satellites it may be glitchy but thats because its free but at least you will know its working.

also have a look in this thread all the information for you is there.

Comment

• scooterman
          Board Senior Member
          • Sep 2011

Thanks for helping me guys.
          well yes all was ok with the IP setup on auto for over a year with service+ until the older boxes got switched off at the weekend so i think that side of thigs is ok ,think this makes me a spider box refugee ,spiderbox refugee's this way please hehehehe.
          Yes the clines i entered were free ones i will try from server 3 tonight,although i have lashed my dish down due to a storm coming so i can only test on 19E .

I really appreciate the help guys and will let you know how i get on tonight.

Comment

• toby69
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2011

hi scooterman, i have spiderbox so has pjmuk, what i found is that i had to do nothing as long as your secret menu works, ie menu/network/client set-up, if you lost ethernet chns i would switch that off, enter lines from satlover for testing, dont forget the _ in the middle of numbers/letters in id line, an just keep trying different lines till connect, plenty chns on 19e but might be glitchy, reason= many users, keep posting if help needed.
            Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• redhezuk
              Experienced Board Member
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by scooterman
              If the Spiderbox was showing 12 cards connected then you don't need to change your IP settings. It is more likely that the cards are connected but just not clearing due to high ECM times and other issues. Best thing is to try a server 3 line from here just after they are updated (usually around 4/5pm uk time).

Good luck!

Comment

• scooterman
                Board Senior Member
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by redhezuk
                If the Spiderbox was showing 12 cards connected then you don't need to change your IP settings. It is more likely that the cards are connected but just not clearing due to high ECM times and other issues. Best thing is to try a server 3 line from here just after they are updated (usually around 4/5pm uk time).

Good luck!
                Good news i got it working have 2 clines in showing about 500 cards each,the only thing is the freezing is non stop every 15 secs off for 10 secs.
                Is there anything i can do to make it more watchable,but this is a big step forward for me.
                Anyone any idea why my usb is'nt picking up the server.cfg files if i can get that to work loading clines would be 10 times easier for me.
                I feel like a spiderbox refugee asking all these questions and cant thank you all enough.

Comment

• scooterman
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011

Wife was moaning so ended up taking out premium membership everything great.
                  Thanks again for the help guys.
                  ps how many ch's do i get now hehehe

Comment

• toby69
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Oct 2011

glad you all sorted out now and wiffey a bit happier, and now you understand lines a little more, i was in same position as you some time ago, you will soon pick it up, i still receiving pics from a***t, but have had it switched off for quite a while now, interfers with your clines.

I will not answer!

Comment

• Jay_x7x
                      • Dec 2011

Hi, another spiderbox refugee here from the other forums, anyone know where i can pick up a free cline as I want to make sure my setup is ok before going for premium package, new to this side of things as only being using gift and before that diablo cam, and before that gold card in the good lod days of d2-mac, any help appreciated.
                      J

Hi Scooterman, on the spiderbox not seeing the cfg file, I just downloaded a template from another site, the file name is just called server.cfg, I edited it in notepad and my spiderbox 9000 found it straight away, can pm you the file if you like.
                      Regards

Sorry another question, I update the cfg file with 10 c-lines but when i import to spiderbox it only shows the last entry in cline 2 on the spiderbox, do you have to number them sepreratly to get them on different line?

Comment

• redhezuk
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jay_x7x
                        Hi, another spiderbox refugee here from the other forums, anyone know where i can pick up a free cline as I want to make sure my setup is ok before going for premium package, new to this side of things as only being using gift and before that diablo cam, and before that gold card in the good lod days of d2-mac, any help appreciated.
                        J

Hi Scooterman, on the spiderbox not seeing the cfg file, I just downloaded a template from another site, the file name is just called server.cfg, I edited it in notepad and my spiderbox 9000 found it straight away, can pm you the file if you like.
                        Regards

Sorry another question, I update the cfg file with 10 c-lines but when i import to spiderbox it only shows the last entry in cline 2 on the spiderbox, do you have to number them sepreratly to get them on different line?
                        Welcome m8, just grab a server 3 cline from here to test (see answers above). For the server.cfg import it is very sensitive and you need to make sure you have a carriage return after each line in notepad. Also if you have any lines in the box already it will only added to those, i.e. it won't overwrite them. I find it easier to have seperate .cfg files for each line and load them one at a time.

Comment

• scooterman
                          Board Senior Member
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Jay_x7x
                          J

Regards

Yes if you could send me the template that would be great,as i just cant get this to work.

Originally posted by redhezuk
                          Welcome m8, just grab a server 3 cline from here to test (see answers above). For the server.cfg import it is very sensitive and you need to make sure you have a carriage return after each line in notepad. Also if you have any lines in the box already it will only added to those, i.e. it won't overwrite them. I find it easier to have seperate .cfg files for each line and load them one at a time.
                          Fine on the carrage return i will try that also and one at a time ,another chap told me if there was a space in the line after C: to remove it the space ,i even tried formatting the stick in the spiderbox still nothing,i can put lines in with remote no problem .
                          Everything else the guys have helped me with i can do now but this usb thing has got me.
                          Spiderbox refugee's this way please

Comment

• sataday
                            Board Senior Member
                            • Dec 2011

Hi Scooterman M8, I'm here, thanks.
                            I too have been having problems loading from USB stick, what I have just done is delete the tool from my stick and reload the file, and works OK now.

Comment

• toby69
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Oct 2011

hi scooterman, an welcome. why not carry on using remote, i have always done it that way, ok a lot slower but i can put that down to my age not to good on computor, im the old type, if it runs dont meddle. have managed so far an when you sorted with good servers hardly the need to enter any lines.

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...