Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Where can I find info about these EMUs (read thread for more info) ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edin4o
    • Aug 2011

Where can I find info about these EMUs (read thread for more info) ?

So, I've seen these Newcamd, evocamd, cccam (I know something about this one), OScam, gbox, Mbox, etc etc.... and have a few questions:
    -What are they for?
    -What are the files related to them for?
    -Are they better from CCcam (opening a lot more channels that cccam for example) ?
    -Why are there so many of them?
    -What can you do with OScam (since there's a special forum dedicated to it - here)
    -Do some of them open up PowerVU (encryption system) ?

Thanks in advance

Or, you can supply me with a page where I can read an article about these other emulators...If you don't wanna answer
  • erno
    • Aug 2011

Re: Where can I find info about these EMUs (read thread for more info) ?

That's a long story:
    First we had PCMCIA cams that were sold by chanel providers like viaccess, irdeto, ...
    Then came programmable PCMCIA cams so that we could have various systems on a single cam.
    Then came the EMUS that are supposed to replace the PCMCIA cams and emulate the systems.
    As there was a lot of money to make out of it, then there were some teams who created sharing protocols on top of the EMUs (gbox, cccam .....).
    As these teams never share there source code, it is very difficult to get reactivity when updates are needed.
    Oscam is an opensource initiative to reconcile all existing cams

Comment

Working...