Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

stop posting c-lines from satlover on other sites

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redhezuk
    Experienced Board Member
    • Mar 2011

Re: stop posting c-lines from satlover on other sites

Originally posted by odysseas1991
    Reading about the image idea, if anything, using an image will probably make it easier. Think about it, if you have 1 image with thousands of c lines, you could carry 7000+ c lines in 1 image/jpeg file etc making it easier and more appealing to copy. The only quick fix is to simply disable the copy function. It can easily be worked around, but will stop a few people copying. Even a slight improvement may increase the quality of server 3 allow for more clients who are not aware of satlover to experience a better quality server and get attracted to the site.
    I disagree as most blog sites are text based, I haven't seen any that show lines in an image? I think this is a good idea to reduce the potential to c/p. Anything to make it harder to do (but simple to implement) has to be beneficial to all board members. Increasing the number of posts to get the free lines (I think 20 has been suggested) also seems like a good idea to me, although the fact that Server 4 lines have been copied shows that some idiot(s) are still copying lines after contributing many posts!!

Comment

• uttnls

Re: stop posting c-lines from satlover on other sites

Originally posted by redhezuk
      I disagree as most blog sites are text based, I haven't seen any that show lines in an image? I think this is a good idea to reduce the potential to c/p. Anything to make it harder to do (but simple to implement) has to be beneficial to all board members. Increasing the number of posts to get the free lines (I think 20 has been suggested) also seems like a good idea to me, although the fact that Server 4 lines have been copied shows that some idiot(s) are still copying lines after contributing many posts!!
      There are lots of ideas waiting to be implemented, maybe sometime Satlover will have enough time to look over them :

In my opinion some automated scripts will do the trick, look here :

Comment

Working...