Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

New to satellite

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thaegagsy
    • Mar 2013

New to satellite

Hello, I have just got two Skybox F5 dip toe in the water first, and a thingy for watching stuff basically am totally confused at the moment, My initial line of thought was to connect my sky+ HD boxes using the loop through but issues then I went for F splitter more issues sky+ works knocks channels off F5 box, so now getting the hang of LNB policies, I figure what I am trying to will be problematic at best ?
    So now getting an octagon lnb 8 out, big hammer small nut, but the wife wants to watch one soap while recording another, so I figure leave her with the Sky+ setup (pay through the nose) while I tinker with my boxes, it keeps the peace. So and this will have been asked before I know, I am hopeing one of you friendly people, will take pity and have a raft of info to be pasted into a reply, and that info would be 1, were do I start and 2, is there an idiots book out there explaining all the jargon? also what is good resource for getting to grips with Linux system. Big ask, so thanks in advance for you effort.

/
  • sonc
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: New to satellite

Hi Thaegagsy, welcome to the Satlover website

enjoy your stay,
    please read the rules, and
    please do not copy & paste warez / cracks and old stuff from other boards !

Don't post any thread about irdeto coding, this isn't allowed. Neither is communication about dragon cam and t-rex.

Do not use live-links, please make it this way: i.e. --http://www.******.de/
    Do not spam the board,
    and please use our established " Thanks " button.

Regards,

sonc

Comment

Working...