Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Hi, bit late, but better late than never

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrob
    • Oct 2010

Hi, bit late, but better late than never

Hi, I am rob, a satellite viewer since 1983? when only 23e was in use, no astra, no hotbird. my first receiver was one with cristals, I thought I had 8 channels. lateron I bought an echostar, used an old fashioned rotor for radio/tv for left-right and something else for up-down. I had no polarmount.
    very nice for the clarc-belt, but there was nothing there at that time.
    I was very happy with the feeds at 21west, between europe and usa, all un-scrambled at that time, with full programs, mostly series, to show on local tv lateron.
    also, I loved my nokia9200, and after that my 7020 dreambox, now have a 500hd, working fine, and some more.

so, I am still a hobbyist (spelled right?) with a motorized system between 30w and 53E.
  • kudok
    Experienced Board Member
    • Mar 2010

Re: Hi, bit late, but better late than never

Hello and welcome on board,

enjoy your stay,
    please read the rules,
    please do not copy & paste warez / cracks and old stuff from other boards !
    do not use live-links, please make it this way: i.e. --http://www.******.de/
    do not spam the board
    and use our established " THANKS " - button

best regards
    kudok

... 1983 ? ...
    Don't send me c-line requests, iptv requests, technical, premium and iptv server questions in PM!

Comment

• lrob
      • Oct 2010

Re: Hi, bit late, but better late than never

it may have been 1984, i have seen the start of sky tv (now bskyb) and superstation or so, on a satellite called copernicus. i can not find any info, but i will track back to my archives. also that time there was a sat on 20 to 30 west between europe and usa. also a sports channel was there at the time and later a german station.
      it was some time ago, i might be mistaken, but I think it really was 1983 or 1984.

Comment

Working...