Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

DVBDream Frequently Asked Questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • findeciclo
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2010

1. Your CPU usage is high, even at 100%?
    DD requires at least 1.5 GHz. If you already have a CPU above this, you must try to change video codec & renderer.

2. You see just black when you open PIP?
    Some codec are not designed for more than one video windows at the same time.

3. When you open PIP, DD crashes or CPU usage goes up really high?
    Most likely codec related ! Try other video codecs and renderers.

4. Your recordings have glitches or freezing?
    Try to use DD in "High" priority (main menu->options->priority)

5. Picture freezes when you switch from one app to other, or when you do other things on your PC?
    Try to use DD in "High" priority (main menu->options->priority)

6. What codecs should I use for better DD performance?
    Depends on the hardware you have. Sonic and Nvidia will likely be best video-codecs for DD. Intervideo for audio

7. Why 19 PIP folders? Sounds like utopic or totally useless?
    No, maybe your CPU won't let you watch 19 PIP windows at the same time but when you use "Record all channels" option on scrambled channels , you will need those folders

8. You can't scan ?
    Make sure your curren't diseqc setup is correct and your device is in supported devices list.

9. You are a B2C2 (SkyStar2, AirStar or CableStar) owner and can't make it run on DD?
    B2C2 SDK device requires some ax and dll files provided by Technisat (in their official driver packages). When you update your driver using device manager, it won't update these files.
    So make sure the following file's versions are 4.3.2.9999 or newer

c:\windows\system32\skydll.dll
    c:\Program Files\TechniSat DVB\bin\Sky2PCAVSrc.ax
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\skynet.sys

Briefly, when you use SDK device instead of Direct device, it will need Server4PC to be installed on the system.

10. Where to place plugins ? Is it possible to have Teletext on DD?
    You should put plugins to dvbdream\plugins\pip00 folder. Then execute copy_all.bat to copy plugins to all other PIP folders. It is possible to use teletext installing MDTeletext plugin.

11. Can I use features like crop, zoom, change contrast/brightness/gamma, noise reduction, sharpen, logoaway... in DVB Dream?
    Yes, you can, with FFDShow (freeware) only (for now). You can change contrast/brightness/gamma also in menu > Options > Video > Color Controls (with any codec).

12. Can I make a snapshot in DVB Dream?
    Yes, you can, in menu > Channels > Snapshot, or just press Ctrl+J. You can make a snapshot also with FFDShow (freeware), or with any free snapshot program. You have to use Video Mixing Renderer (9) in DVB Dream.

13. FFDShow doesn't work, or it doesn't work good, what can I do?
    Use "recommended options" - read this topic for more information, hints...

14. How To Access More Than Four Inputs/Satellites?
    DiSEqC x.1 compliance allows Committed values 1-4 and Uncommitted values 0-15 yielding 64 input paths with full lnb(f) control. First setup all final Committed inputs 1 to 4, in the current GUI: OPTIONS—>Diseqc—>V1.0 or V2.0—>Port 1 (thru Port 4) repeating ADD SATELLITE as many times as necessary for each Committed port. Then use the PROPERTIES—>UNCOMMITTED tab to set the Uncommitted 0-15 value. GUI is subject to change in the future. May not function correctly for all cards currently.

Diagrams for Uncommitted/Committed with 16 inputs here and 64 inputs here.

15. Application doesn't exit or start properly, why?
    Remove old/incompatible modules and plugins (one by one). If it doesn't help, try to close DD, then backup and delete Settings.cfg file.

16. Are the custom keyboard shortcuts and/or global keyboard shortcuts supported?
    Not yet, but you can use HotkeyP (freeware) as workaround. Read HotkeyP Help and guide here for more information.

17. When I change volume or mute in DVB Dream, volume is changed also in other programs, what can I do?
    Go to menu > Options > Video > and set Audio Renderer to DirectSound.

18. Some remote functions I've assigned dont work?
    Not every remote function is functional at the moment. Some remote functions are planned for future implementations. (on OSD and other features etc)

19. What is the difference between SDK and Direct devices?
    SDK devices are designed using manufacturers' official documentations.
    If you don't have problems with "Direct" devices, normally it is not recommended to use SDK devices. SDK devices have been added just to guarantee the compatibility. "Direct" devices will work faster since they use the card driver directly.

20. You cant get your Twinhan to run with SDK or Direct device?
    You should install WDM driver.
    Twinhan WDM Driver v2.42a
    Twinhan WDM Driver v1.9
    You might also need to install VP SDK to make sure you have necessary DS filters (AX files).